• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue looses 7.0 M

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I do not understand why pilots on this board cannot comprehend the difference between loose and lose.

Kind of scary is it not?

Add it to the list of:

their, there, and they're

then and than

its and it's

Of course the ever popular butchery of reflexive pronouns. As in:

The crew and myself reported to the gate at duty in time.

I realize we will get jumped for stating this opinion. I realize it is an informal gathering in web forum. However the regression in the ability to communicate in properly written language is just another sign of the decline of civilization.

That someone with more that an 8th grade education could type the word "loose" in that context, and not have it stand out in bright flashing lights as they read it, defies explanation.

How about Der Wienerschnitzel (it's a west coast hot dog chain). Der is the wrong article for schnitzel, but who's counting?

Der would be the proper article if one was referring to a masculine hot dog though.

Uh oh... where are we going with this?? :D

How about Der Wienerschnitzel (it's a west coast hot dog chain). Der is the wrong article for schnitzel, but who's counting?

Was wollen wir trinken?
Sieben tage lang.
Was wollen wir trinken?
So ein Durst.

Wir haben kein Bier
Und haben kein Wein.
Was wollen wir trinken?
Hau doch Rein......

Oh, and it's "Shiite", not "$hite".:D

Let's hope our politicians get an energy program going quickly. ..........

....... and I like the fact that $$$ will be going to American Companies in lieu of foreign.

:pimp:

With the national debt headed toward 10 Trillion, I hope you're right and I hope it's not too late.

I can't understand why every pilot has to bring it up!!

In a web board environment, there isn't much to judge a man on. There is the content, and there is the manner in which it is presented. When I see a blatant misspelling such as "JetBlue looses 7.0m," I immediately discount the intellect of the poster, and I don't think that I am alone. I don't see the harm in a little public shame--maybe it will help educate those that were cutting class when they went over basic spelling and grammar.

It's not that Jetblue doesn't need some things, because we do. However everyone here still has and will continue to keep their jobs if they want it. flame away, but I'm still employed B!tches!:nuts:

In a web board environment, there isn't much to judge a man on. There is the content, and there is the manner in which it is presented. When I see a blatant misspelling such as "JetBlue looses 7.0m," I immediately discount the intellect of the poster, and I don't think that I am alone. I don't see the harm in a little public shame--maybe it will help educate those that were cutting class when they went over basic spelling and grammar.

WHO THE F ARE YOU PEOPLE? You immediately discount their intellect because of a TYPO? Huh? Never make mistakes, huh? Never type a post quickly on your phone? Or late at night? Drunk? Or at least tipsy? You are a constant beacon of all that is right and just -- a shining example of military precision and both spelling and gramatical excellence?

Okay, so this thread is about JB. I think. But the arrogance is hilarious (and typical of pilots). Get the thread back on track you "loosers".

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back