• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue LGB base?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for all the input folks. Yeah, I am guilty of holding out on the company paid Atp. Will it happen? I sure as heck hope so. I have laid out too much $$$ over the years to get the ratings. Another thing, I would have to take the written again to get the atp outside of the job. But if JFK is shrinking and becoming harder to hold as a junior Guy, then Boston or mco would mean commuting. Trying to get away from that. Just have to wait and see. Thanks again for all your help folks.

People, If you have the time requirements just GO GET YOUR ATP! You can get it done in about two days if you use places like Allatps or Sheppard Air. Call it an investment.

Seems like 2011 may be the year for hiring. Use the time between now and then to get your resume and quals ready.

Anybody have an honest/accurate reason why the 190 is being pulled off the west coast???

The reason I have heard is that it's a matter of parts - aircraft parts. Supposedly we don't have the means to keep enough spare parts accessible so that when a 190 needs a fixin' it can be done without cancelling or delaying flights too much.

Something like that.

I'm not a 190 guy but I'm disappointed it's not working out out there. Running up and down the west coast seems like a great job for that plane.

Rumor mill says they're gonna put the jet back out there late this year/next spring. Logistics for mx support, plus supposedly the bean counters didn't like the amount of transcon 'dozing for dollars' we were doing. I promise you're not more disappointed than me; bring on JFK-ROC-JFK-IAD again, yay!

Why put it out here to begin with without the proper infrastructure? Known variables (i.e. deadhead/mx/staffing...) Why bring it back? It didn't "pull out" of MCO before it was based there??? I'm just a bit confused with the logic? I hope it all works out somehow.........

Preaching to the choir about that. I don't know what the logic was, but no one hates it more than all us 190 drivers; more 4-leg days through JFK again, yay!

Latest resources

Back