• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue LGB base?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How many E190 vs. A320 crews based in JFK? As a new hire could I 100% get JFK? I live in NJ. also does jb require jet pic to get an interview? I don't think I will ever upgrade at skywest!

JFK is shrinking. New hires will most likely go to BOS and MCO. I think that when hiring begins, they are going to be looking for PIC turbine because that is going to be the competative landscape of the industry. When hiring starts there are going to be guys with tons of PIC time. No offense but I would rather see a laid off pilot from Midwest Express, Champion Air or any other airline that doesn't exist any more than someone who already has a job even though it is from a regional.

How many E190 vs. A320 crews based in JFK? As a new hire could I 100% get JFK? I live in NJ. also does jb require jet pic to get an interview? I don't think I will ever upgrade at skywest!

So, to actually answer your question: No. JetBlue does not require turbine PIC. In the past, we have hired regional F.O's.

Good luck.

Ditto to the above. You likely will not see JFK for a long time, as it is shrinking as BOS grows (I think MCO is stagnant now). We have hired regional FOs before, although typically (there are always exceptions) from Comair and Eagle as our hiring prople understood those poor bastards are never gonna upgrade...

All you can do is put your stuff in when it opens up. There are several furloughed dudes with tons of time out there, but our HR peeps hire for personality as well as times; they seem to like quite a mix.

I would also recommend you to get your ATP just for competative purposes on your application.

The OAK trips are available for April bidding, so the satellite base remains open.

Email today says that OAK is gone May. May be revisited if the operation can sustain it at a later date.

There were guys in my new hire class with 0 PIC. I had about 1700. You will need an ATP to even get looked at. Keep in mind there are still guys out there with many types and 1000's of PIC looking for work. Does JB want to hire these guys ? I don't know... The people dept. works on a different plain of quantum space. When the window opens apply and update max times. I was told it makes a difference.

Good Luck!

My understanding is the ATP is required, not optional for the app. Last round of hiring a buddy of mine who has 6+ years right seat at Comair couldn't even apply without it; I don't know if that's changed.

I hope it hasn't changed. No offense but I don't want to cheapen the hiring pool by taking less than an ATP.

Latest resources

Back