Jetblue LF great/Spirit lousy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

lowecur

Spirit is not fighting with other LCCs nor with legacys. Spirit in only fighting with employees. To hear management tell it, if only the pilots would take a pay cut, then everything would be just hunky dory.

enigma

PS, we are the second lowest paid narrowbody pilots in the business. Maybe the lowest. I wonder how much profit JetBlue could make if they had our pay scales??????????????

enigma said:
Spirit is not fighting with other LCCs nor with legacys. Spirit in only fighting with employees. To hear management tell it, if only the pilots would take a pay cut, then everything would be just hunky dory.

enigma

PS, we are the second lowest paid narrowbody pilots in the business. Maybe the lowest. I wonder how much profit JetBlue could make if they had our pay scales??????????????
Maybe it's those new 198 seat a/c?:) Time to get a few 319s.

Your point escapes me. Are you trying to say that because Spirit had a load factor of 77.9% they are doomed and failing to compete against fellow LCC's as well as legacies?

January, 2005 Load Factors as announced by each airline:

AirTran 65.1%
SWA 58.8%
America West 74.4%
ATA 58.9%
Indy 45.7%

American 73.3%
American Eagle 61.4%
Delta 71.8% (domestic 70.7%)
United 76.1%
NWA 73.1%
CAL 76.1%
US Airways 68.3%

Anyone can twist statistics to try and make any point they want.

HRDiva

lostplnetairman said:
Your point escapes me. Are you trying to say that because Spirit had a load factor of 77.9% they are doomed and failing to compete against fellow LCC's as well as legacies?

January, 2005 Load Factors as announced by each airline:

AirTran 65.1%
SWA 58.8%
America West 74.4%
ATA 58.9%
Indy 45.7%

American 73.3%
American Eagle 61.4%
Delta 71.8% (domestic 70.7%)
United 76.1%
NWA 73.1%
CAL 76.1%
US Airways 68.3%

Anyone can twist statistics to try and make any point they want.

HRDiva
True, in other words if you have an IQ of 90 you can probably put the key in the door. Maybe.

The point was that RPMs, ASMs, LF all declined, while other carriers increased. It's called a trend.

Doesn't seem to be a big trend downward at Spirit from what I see...

There may be some truth to the previous comment about the 198 seat A321s ..

I remember Neeleman saying something about that....

Big airplanes are great for CASM.... but only as long as you can fill them up at some sort of decent ticket price...

Enigma is correct, the company management is so focused on getting pay concessions from the pilots (NO) (just say NO!) that they can't see the forrest for the trees. There were no substantial changes in year to year numbers but no growth is bad. Replacement of MD-80's with Airbus' is to be one for one, again no growth. The 321's load factor is at least as good as the 80 maybe better. Addition of 319's will reduce seat miles since they have 12 fewer seats than the 80. Hopefully they'll get tired of asking and not recieving concessions that they can concentrate on expanding this year.

DC9stick said:
Hopefully they'll get tired of asking and not recieving concessions that they can concentrate on expanding this year.

Roger that stick. This could get interesting. I wonder if they really believe that they could get a better deal from a bankrupcty judge than they are already getting from us? I could sort of understand asking for concessions if we made anywhere close to average, but demanding concessions from us is like asking for food from a starving man.

I think that they were recently making a play to get a deal before the new MEC takes office.

enigma

Latest resources

Back