JetBlue Leases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Spaceball1

Did JetBlue pay for the Airbus leases immediately, or were the payments deferred? If the payments were deferred, when did they start paying for the airplanes?

No deferred payments! The leases and associated cost shows on the company filings.

jetBlue doesn't pay for airplanes, and it will really hurt their bottom line when they have to start paying for gas.
I'm not sure what they will do when their 5 year contract is up and they lose all their pilots. Oh, if you jumpseat on them they make you clean the toilettes. With 80 airplanes they are wrecking the intire industry.

jetBlue doesn't pay for airplanes, and it will really hurt their bottom line when they have to start paying for gas.

When do they start paying for pilots? 76 max for an FO, 76 for a 4 year 100-seat aircraft Captain - am I reading that right?

Spaceball1 said:
Did JetBlue pay for the Airbus leases immediately, or were the payments deferred? If the payments were deferred, when did they start paying for the airplanes?

All payments are deferred to 2099 when a $1000000000 ballon payment is due.

Listen to the Oct 20th conference call. JBLU owns 56 and leases 25 of the busses. Probably a higher percentage of owned aircraft than any other US airline besides SWA.

Hair-on-Fire said:
Listen to the Oct 20th conference call. JBLU owns 56 and leases 25 of the busses. Probably a higher percentage of owned aircraft than any other US airline besides SWA.

Do you know that for a fact, or is this more blue-hype?

mach none said:
Do you know that for a fact, or is this more blue-hype?

That’s why I used the word probably, but I’ll take your challenge.

CO (from 2004 Annual report) Total = 604 Owned=145 Leased = 459
%owned=24%
UAL (from 2004 Ann. Report) Total = 497 Owned=237 Leased =260
%owned=47%
DAL (from 2004 Ann. Report) Total = 845 Owned=500 Leased=345
%owned=59%
AA (from 2004 Ann. Report) Total = 727 Owned=402 Leased=325
%owned=55%
JB (From Oct 20 Conf. Call) Total=81 Owned =56 Leased=25
%owned=69%

Fell free to do the rest if you’d like. I’m not sure what conclusions to draw, but just thought the information was interesting.

Good luck

Latest resources

Back