jetBlue june 29th interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hkm

Guess I'll get this started, let everyone know if you hear something! good luck everybody!

HKM

Nothing yet...But I figure they're busy for 4th of July...If I was them choosing between my fate and having some beer and dogs, I'd go with the beer and dogs every time ;-)

so they do a welcome to phase 2 / no thanks email? no call's huh? you know the "letter bad, call good", kind of thing.

I figured I wouldn't check the mail for the next few months, they must have offered me a job then right?

or just show up for class, regardless.

so they do a welcome to phase 2 / no thanks email? no call's huh? you know the "letter bad, call good", kind of thing.

I figured I wouldn't check the mail for the next few months, they must have offered me a job then right?

or just show up for class, regardless.

The "letter bad, call good" kind of thing happens after you are selected or rejected upon completion of phase 2. Good luck on your Phase 1.

Spaz

Last edited:
Yep, they seem to be pretty consistent in letting you know quickly if you've gotten thru Phase 1 -- it was a week for me. And then you can join the rest of us patiently waiting to hear their final decision!
icon21.gif
They say you can expect up to 8-12 weeks from their Phase 1 notification date -- military guys tend to hear more quickly than that from what I understand; my background being all civilian, it's going to take longer I guess. (I'm working on Week #8 right now! Other guys and gals have been waiting longer...)

Good luck to you -- I hope it works out well for all of us.

Isn't phase 2 essentially background checks? If you made it through phase 1, they want you and phase 2 is simply a completion of background checks, right?

Good luck to all.

Isn't phase 2 essentially background checks? If you made it through phase 1, they want you and phase 2 is simply a completion of background checks, right?

Good luck to all.

That's what is so perplexing. When hiring was normal, phase II was almost a sure thing to getting a class date. But now, with all the hiring slowdown, phase II means absolutely NOTHING!!! Phase II means background check and more weeding out applicants. Until you get a call from Verna, keep your applications updated at all places.

It's a great place to be, i'm sure, but don't put all your eggs in the blue basket.

That's what is so perplexing. When hiring was normal, phase II was almost a sure thing to getting a class date. But now, with all the hiring slowdown, phase II means absolutely NOTHING!!! Phase II means background check and more weeding out applicants. Until you get a call from Verna, keep your applications updated at all places.

It's a great place to be, i'm sure, but don't put all your eggs in the blue basket.

Not true. This IS normal hiring. Phase 2 is exactly what it says in the email. This is the way they want it to be. Nothing more, nothing less.

they requested faa and employer records and had the result before I even went to the interview.

my faa copy came 3 days before the interview, and my boss called me to congradulate on going to the "dark blue" a week before that. (he got the records request)

there isn't much background checking left...and that ahead of the interview!

who knows..think I will save some more money for the upcoming paycut, regardless of where..

Latest resources

Back