jetblue jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JB Computer systems

I believe we are getting the upgraded Ver 2 of the Open Skies reservation computer system soon if not already. Independence had it.

Employees can't even "list" for a flight as it is right now. There is no internal jumpseat reservation system also. Some upgrades are needed. Just a matter of priorities, time, money and manpower I suppose.

I ride JB a lot and I just list at the gate......however, whenever I call 800-jetblue to try to list in advance I am told I need to pay a $25 'non rev' fee. I tell them forget it and I do it at the gate.....wierd.

What also helps is a small gift or "token of appreciation" given from the heart. I have not found a gate agent who can turn down a blender or a microwave.
As a one-time gate agent, I can tell you this...

Right or wrong...if three OAL pilots show up at the same time...and there's only one seat open (jumpseat or back of the bus)...the guy who brought me coffee, a can of Cope, a sandwich, candy, or a skin mag was the guy that got on the flight. Take care of those gate agents and they'll take care of you...karma, baby.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back