JetBlue Jumpseat and EWR Base

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Vref+10

I was just curious, does JetBlue have JFK crews also cover EWR with trips starting and ending there?

Do you guys still allow everyone on your jumpseat like FAs, rampers, and gate agents?

We don't exactly let "everyone" on our jumpseats.

Pilots from CASS approved airlines can ride on a flight deck jumpseat, a cabin seat or a flight attendent jump seat. Pilots from non-CASS airlines on our jump seat list can sit in a cabin seat or a flight attendent jump seat.

Flight attendents from airlines on our jump seat list can ride in a cabin seat or a flight attendent jump seat.

Other than that, the only people allowed on our jump seats are certain JetBlue employees.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot the first part of your question. For now, all trips start and end at JFK. In other words, it is possible to start a trip at JFK, and get a layover at LGA or EWR. I suspect this might change at some point in the future -- just my personal speculation.

Thanks for the reply. The reason I asked about letting everyone on your flight deck jumpseat was because one time I was trying to get out of Florida, and I had tried about 10 different flights on 5 different airlines. Then I tried the last two flights on JetBlue, and the flight deck jumpseats were all occupied with JetBlue gate agents and rampers.

How does the FAA approve that you let gate agents and rampers on your flight deck jumpseats?

And RE: EWR, I was wondering if I would run into any JetBlue commuters out of there, but I guess not if all your trips begin/end in JFK.

Vref+10 said:
Thanks for the reply. The reason I asked about letting everyone on your flight deck jumpseat was because one time I was trying to get out of Florida, and I had tried about 10 different flights on 5 different airlines. Then I tried the last two flights on JetBlue, and the flight deck jumpseats were all occupied with JetBlue gate agents and rampers.

How does the FAA approve that you let gate agents and rampers on your flight deck jumpseats?

And RE: EWR, I was wondering if I would run into any JetBlue commuters out of there, but I guess not if all your trips begin/end in JFK.

Maybe you misunderstood KC-10's answer: he was referring to cockpit/cabin jumpseats specifically. The term jumpseat gets used as a generic term all too often.

JetBlue allows any employee of any US FAR121 air carrier (gate agents, ramp workers, etc.) a ride in any available cabin passenger seat.

As far as the cockpit jumpseats, they must be either Jetblue pilots, CASS approved pilots, or all the other usual suspects like FAA, approved company officers, JB dispatchers, and a few others that are on an FAA approved list.

The cabin jumpseats can be occupied by other airline pilots and flight attendants or on a case by case basis, anyone that is, how you say, door trained? (if that makes sense?)

I think you might have been mistaken about ramp agents riding in the cockpit. Not saying that it hasn't happened, but if it did, it wasn't they norm.

C yaaaa

Professional Flight Engineers (from companies whom we have a reciprocal agreement) are also welcome on our Cabin Passenger seats and our Cabin FA jumpseats.-I'm not sure about in the cockpit jumpseats.

MP

MercuryPilot said:
Professional Flight Engineers (from companies whom we have a reciprocal agreement) are also welcome on our Cabin Passenger seats and our Cabin FA jumpseats.-I'm not sure about in the cockpit jumpseats.

MP

Flight engineers ARE flight crew and have access to the jumpseat same as a FO or Captain. There was an e-mail on this very subject not long ago.

Last edited:
So lemme get this straight....a United Ramper can go up to a Jetblue Gate and get a FREE RIDE anywhere Jetblue flies assuming that there is a seat available? Seriously? What reason does Jetblue have to do this when it is not reciprocated to their non-crew employees on other airlines?

Latest resources

Back