JetBlue job fairs in Orlando?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The chef is always an expert at forecasting the doom and gloom at jetblue

Lets face it our industry is fubar and yes the 320 capt seats are the only position at this company that are paid at or near industry ( with the exception of a swa comparison)

If I am not mistaken we will have a net gain of 3 320's and 6 190's for 08 or will the 320's be neutral for the year?

Do not come to jetblue expecting a fast upgrade now. I am only 100 guys from junior 320 captain and I am not expecting to upgrade for at least another 2-3 years.

That being said our management has stated that we could exercise delivery options if the market dictates the need.

Pay and benefits here need to improve. I did not come here only because of an advertised 3 year upgrade

PS: Year 3 320 FO I will make 80K this year and average 17-19 days off with 80% of my trip commutable on both ends and the remaining 20% commutable on one end

I didn't post any "doom and gloom" -- just some doses of reality. Yawn.

I defend jb all the time. Just not when it comes to healthcare, pay, RSL, duty/trip rigs, fares, jfk rampers, jfk gate agents, stock options, koolaid drinkers and jagnuts 100 numbers senior to me (yeah, only 100 numbers away).

Oh ... and I even like my job. Why you so angry that I don't LOVE it?

You sign your union card yet, cooge? I can get you one if you want.

;)

I didn't post any "doom and gloom" -- just some doses of reality. Yawn.

I defend jb all the time. Just not when it comes to healthcare, pay, RSL, duty/trip rigs, fares, jfk rampers, jfk gate agents, stock options, koolaid drinkers and jagnuts 100 numbers senior to me (yeah, only 100 numbers away).

Oh ... and I even like my job. Why you so angry that I don't LOVE it?

You sign your union card yet, cooge? I can get you one if you want.

;)

Chef I sent in my card and even donated $50 to the jbpa

Whahappen hotstuff? You leak blue?

I meant click, but said cooge -- you got what I meant.

Soon my friend we will all have hats. I recommend a burger king crown for captains and a long john silvers hat for first officers.

Fellas, we cannot predict this industry at all. Yes, today things are in the crapper and not looking good for anyone. This happened a few years ago after 9/11 and also in the 90s. Everytime we recover and everyone hires a bunch again. We all remember trig. right...the industry is a sin wave.

We will recover. It won't take me 10yrs to see 320 captain here (3/07 newhire) and JB will double in size at some point. You can't look two steps in front of you and say "yep, thats whats going to happen 50 steps from now".

Fellas, we cannot predict this industry at all. Yes, today things are in the crapper and not looking good for anyone. This happened a few years ago after 9/11 and also in the 90s. Everytime we recover and everyone hires a bunch again. We all remember trig. right...the industry is a sin wave.

We will recover. It won't take me 10yrs to see 320 captain here (3/07 newhire) and JB will double in size at some point. You can't look two steps in front of you and say "yep, thats whats going to happen 50 steps from now".

So JB will double in size, yet "you can't look two steps in front of you" ... which one is it?

You got that right about sin though. Booze, broads, gluttony, pride, sloth ... oh were you talking about math?

Sorry.

I'm optimistic about it all otherwise it will kill me to go to work each week, sit next to some horrible hundred guy(which I do quite frequently these days) and think of never upgrading.

If they improve the pay on the 190 substantially, you wont have to wait for the 320 to enjoy life. I'm hoping they do, but in this environment, who knows.

So JB will double in size, yet "you can't look two steps in front of you" ... which one is it?

You got that right about sin though. Booze, broads, gluttony, pride, sloth ... oh were you talking about math?

Sorry.

Chef...what I'm saying is you can't base future predictions on only two steps in front of you, especially in this industry.

Now, go rub one out and find the silver lining.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back