• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mushroom

It's pronounced Doo-MAH
Hey All:

Got a call a couple of days ago for an interview at JetBlue. I'm busy in training at my current place for a while so I won't be able to interview for a while.

Anyone who works there and who has been there for a while want to polish up their crystal ball and look into the future for me? Where do you see the company in the next few years? Is it still a good place to work? A place where I could spend the rest of my career? It's not like I am at a top tier company right now but things really seem to be improving around here and I don't want to leave if I'm going to regret it later....I'd prefer to stay at this place until I get my "retirement" job somewhere else.

Any info or constructive advice is appreciated. Thanks.

:)

Hey All:

Got a call a couple of days ago for an interview at JetBlue. I'm busy in training at my current place for a while so I won't be able to interview for a while.

Anyone who works there and who has been there for a while want to polish up their crystal ball and look into the future for me? Where do you see the company in the next few years? Is it still a good place to work? A place where I could spend the rest of my career? It's not like I am at a top tier company right now but things really seem to be improving around here and I don't want to leave if I'm going to regret it later....I'd prefer to stay at this place until I get my "retirement" job somewhere else.

Any info or constructive advice is appreciated. Thanks.

160 new hires in the first quarter.. Somewhere around 400-500 for the year..

Expect 10-20 per month in attrition/retirements/recalls

I believe 14 net aircraft deliveries for 2007..

A320 Fo's and 190 Captains were told to expect a raise at the end of the first quarter retroactive to jan 1st due to longer upgrades.

New Hires can expect a reserve of 8-12 months in JFK maybe less with the busy season starting..

Great company with typical growing pains of becoming a large company. By far the best narrow body domestic product out there and regardless of what the " Haters" here on the FI and the whacked out media portray people love jetblue.

I made $50,000 year one, $72,000 year two and have averaged 15.7 days off per month

Hope this helps

I don't have a good crystal ball, but I would like to wish all the JBers out there much success. I got friends there and would hate to see them on the street!:beer:

I have been here 11 months - straight out of the military. I am an A320 FO. I am really happy here. I was suprised to hear, shortly after I started, all the negativity on bluepilots.com. I think anywhere you go there will be those who just can't be pleased.

I am happy to get paid a little less to not have ALPA on the property. We'll see what our raise brings at the end of this month. We have a great product and flying brand new airplanes is really nice. I always smile when I see the jumpseaters' jaws drop when they see our plane/cockpit and I ask them to please plug in my company-issued laptop into the outlet next to them.

I like it here a lot and I think the company is going to be around a long time. Upgrades is ceratainly a wild card. I figure it will be about another 5 years before I could hold A320 Captain. But I have the option to bid for E190 CA in another year so I'm content with that. Considering upgrade times at other majors/legacies, that's not too bad.

We aren't perfect but who is. I wouldn't leave here except for maybe UPS of FedEx.

I guess I'm just a Flavor-Aid (that's right, not Kool-Aid) drinker. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
How senior is FLL? Is it only A320 or E190? How long would it take get FLL out of training?

Thanks

It's only A320 right now. A guy in my class which started last April got FLL after doing JFK reserve for about 6 months. It will naturally take him longer to get a line down there but since he lives there he doesn't care.

Not sure about LGB. It's the most senior base and a small one at that. Anyone else???

All newhires go to JFK, you can hold FLL, BOS in about 6 months, LGB in a year. FLL and LGB are small so reserve is a year to year and a half. 2 hr call out.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back