• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JetBlueClass

:)

ShaggyF16,

That's outstanding news!! As a former "government employee" now airline OLP (ordinary line pilot) I know how great that feeling is!!! If you get some time between now and then (fat chance) would you please give some detail of the interview with particular attention to the "letters of reference" and their "interview process" for the poor unfortunates that write same. Again, my heartfelt congratulations and best wishes! Hope to join the up & coming JetBlue myself......... "Semper Fi"

Iceback,

How long did it take for your references to be called? Also interviewed on May 8 and made it past phase I. I have been called by RSI and have seen a couple of things in the mail (FAA record check, etc.), but none of my references have gotten the call yet. Just wondering what the general time frame is for the calls.

Hope to be in Miami in July also!!

Nooner21

Nooner21 said:
Iceback,

How long did it take for your references to be called?

Nooner,

I also interviewed May 8, and the background checks commenced right away, however, the reference calls just started on this last Tuesday. All have been called, and also all have been asked to give an additional reference.

I believe it is normal for the process to appear to start and stop and then start again. The RSI folks send info out right away, but the background team calls the references on a different schedule. I believe at this point, no news is good news.

Good luck, and here's to a July class for all of us!

Nandu

My references started to get the calls within a week or so of notification of making it through phase I. It also seems a little sporadic. I had given them 3 letters of recommendation written within the last year (as requested) plus names of a couple of other people they could call. Of the 3 who had written letters, 2 have been called, and as of Saturday, 1 hadn't heard a thing. Also, 1 of the extras that I provided them with at the interview was one of the first ones to get a call. The calls also were spread out over a couple of weeks. Who knows, maybe if they get what they are looking for in the first couple of calls, they back off. Maybe they have to call everyone, and just haven't got around to it. I have given multiple phone numbers for all of them (office, home, cell) so they are easily reachable. I just don't know what the deal is.
Also, just last week, RSI called looking for an address for a company that I worked for 41/2 years ago, but is out of business. I went as far as tracking down the paralegal at the bankruptcy trustee's office, to make sure RSI would get a letter stating my records from that company are unrecoverable. Just like everyone else, I'm a little stressed to say the least. I'm holding out hope that ShaggyF16's stats about the background check success rate are the norm. I have absolutely nothing to hide, and my references are about as solid as you can get, so I hope I'm worrying for naught.

Time will tell...

Iceback

Should hear soon.

To all that are waiting:

A new class is starting today in MIA. Usually the pilot selection board meets at the beginning of this week, since they are all in one place at one time. Hopefully you all will hear good news later this week.

I'm in FLL going to LGB tonight. I love this job and this company....

EvilJim

JB Question

I am presently in the AF being held in via Stop Loss and assigned stateside. I would be retired at this time if not for Stop Loss. I am currently showing an available date of 1 Nov 02 on my JB online resume, which at this time is a hope vice a plan. Assuming this is a good date when can I expect a call from JB for an interview if they are interested in my qualifications? Thanks in advance. Harry

Thanks for the info EvilJim... I'm off to the Caymans for a short 3 day R&R, maybe there will be some news when I get back. As they say, waiting is harder than the interview.

Iceback

Last edited:
Harry,

As of 1 June, the interview process is now computerized. Therefore, those of us who might have been able to influence Dean to push a buddy's app through quicker, are no longer able to do so.

I would certainly e-mail Dean to put your mind at rest. Happy Landings.

I congratulate Jet Blue from resisting the urge to turn pilot hiring into the "old boy network" that prevails at other carriers.

Hey Jointops,
Any idea what kind of hours, experience, qualifications, etc. it's going to take to have the computer spit your name out to get the call????? Thanks...

Latest resources

Back