Jetblue Interview Dates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

330Driver

Does anyone know when the next round of JetBlue interviews will be?

Also, has anyone heard how many pilots they plan to hire this year?

Thanks

Jetblue hiring

I spoke with a Jetblue FO last week and he said that he had heard they planned on hiring 24 pilots a month for the forseeable (spelling?) future. He said they are getting one new jet a month and they hire about 13.5 pilots for each jet.

I know, the math doesn't equal up but that's what he said.

Cheers!!

I interviewed on May 8th and passed Phase I. I saw about 70 other folks in their snappy blue suits on the interview date. I don't know how many got past the first phase. At any rate, during the informal discussions, we were told that they have class dates projected through December of this year. Currently, it looks like they are filling classes at one a month with 24 people per class. Hope this helps and good luck!

#1W

Phase II Success Rate?

Anybody,

Any idea what percentage of people who make it through phase I make it through phase II? Can I make an assumption that if you make it to the background check and haven't any skeletons in your closet that you have a better than average chance of a class date?
May 8th interview and in the background check process now.

Thanks,
Iceback

PS: 330Driver "Imagine my concern?!" (inside joke)

:eek:

Dunno

Not sure about the historical percentage who make it from Phase 2 to job offer, but I'm certainly hoping to be in that group!

Interviewed 17 April with about 80 other folks. 42 of us went on to background check. Most of my ref's have been called so far.

I got the impression they would hire all the dudes who met their quals and fit into their corporate family. Haven't heard about a historical success rate lately.

Good luck to all!

Shaggy

Jetblue's interviewed to hired ratio when WAY up last summer when they started doing "most qual'd" verses "first applied" for scheduling interviews. Now...if you get called...at least on paper you meet the mins and are competitive.

As for Background checks....for military guys they are fairly painless. Your work history is easily verifiable. Expect refs to get some real questions, however, about your "act". Comments from my 3 refs (Sqdn CC, ADO, and a Flt CC) were "I thought I was getting interviewed for the job".

Anecdotally only, but it seems if you make it to the background check you are doing fine and will be hired. However...if you've been a jerk for most of your career or lied about quals, they do a fairly extensive review and you are likely to be found out.

Good luck to all.....and Shaggy....enjoy Hill!

Albie

I just finished my IOE trips. So from the check airman perspective here are the answers to some of the questions:

1. The hire ratio of those interviewed is about 30%.
2. Starting in Jun the selection process for interviews will be strictly computer selection. This means those of us employed don't have any influence with Dean over who is interviewed.
3. They're hiring more than 24 a month. They're putting 24 a month into training. But due to stop-loss, they're having difficulty filling the classes. I have a buddy who showed up for training in May and was interviewed in April. Because he wasn't caught up in the stop loss (just a DOS to a guard job) and his background check was simple, they are able to expedite some folks into training.
4. The background checks have changed recently in terms of length of phone interviews. If a JB pilot wrote the recommendation, they just call to confirm you indeed wrote it yourself (they suggest the JB pilot e-mai Dean again to re-emphasize the importance of hiring those you recommended). No questions at all asked of the JB pilot. Oustide references are now asked only 4-5 questions vs. the canned 8 they used to do.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the answers guys...

Most of my references have been called, RSI callled to confirm some employment history with some out of business carriers. Nothing hidden in my background, so I am hopefull. Now all I have to do is pay off all my references!! <BG>

Hoping for a July class date...

Iceback

Great News!!!!

Got the call from jetBlue for an 8 july class!!!!!

Still can't believe it! I heard they hired all but one who made it to the background check, which would be 41 out of about 80 or so who interviewed.

I'm gonna' be a busy hombre separating from the AF and moving back from Italy between now and then. For those curious, I was lucky enough to also get a Reserve job and a Stop-Loss waiver.

Applied to jetBlue in October, updated via email and with their new online system, interviewed April 17, went on to background check a week later, notified a couple of days ago.

Really looking forward to joining this great company.

Hope to hear some good news from you other folks soon!

Good luck to all!

Shaggy

Latest resources

Back