Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Gulf Flight

Are We There Yet ??
I interviewed with JetBlue on Thursday, 2/1. We were all told that we would be notified of the results via an email in about a week (2/8 ?). I'd like to use this thread to keep tabs on those of us who were interviewed and the results of those interviews.

If anyone has any questions to ask regarding the experience, please don't hesitate to ask either here or in a Private Message. I will share my personal experience. I also had the fortunate opportunity to participate in a Q&A with Dave Barger and his management team from various departments. Things like mergers, Cape Air codeshare, pay, benefits, upgrades, aircraft liquidations/acquisitions, new cities, new crew bases, etc.... EVERYTHING was open for discussion.

One thing I can honestly say about that day: From the moment we walked in their lobby at the Forest Hills (NY) Support Center (FSC), we were treated as if we already worked there. They were truly professional and sincere about what they do there. It was an opportunity for the interviewees to "interview" JetBlue as well. Needless to say, JetBlue passed MY interview, LOL. I hope they feel the same way about me.

Good Luck to all of you who interviewed.

GF

I interviewed with JetBlue on Thursday, 2/1. We were all told that we would be notified of the results via an email in about a week (2/8 ?). I'd like to use this thread to keep tabs on those of us who were interviewed and the results of those interviews.

If anyone has any questions to ask regarding the experience, please don't hesitate to ask either here or in a Private Message. I will share my personal experience. I also had the fortunate opportunity to participate in a Q&A with Dave Barger and his management team from various departments. Things like mergers, Cape Air codeshare, pay, benefits, upgrades, aircraft liquidations/acquisitions, new cities, new crew bases, etc.... EVERYTHING was open for discussion.

One thing I can honestly say about that day: From the moment we walked in their lobby at the Forest Hills (NY) Support Center (FSC), we were treated as if we already worked there. They were truly professional and sincere about what they do there. It was an opportunity for the interviewees to "interview" JetBlue as well. Needless to say, JetBlue passed MY interview, LOL. I hope they feel the same way about me.

Good Luck to all of you who interviewed.

GF

Thank you for sharing.. I have enjoyed JB. Right now we are in transition from a small company to a large one. A 48 page detailed salary and benefits review was just completed and distributed to the pilots and it compares every single detail of our pay and benefits to the other airlines. Some additional management has been brought onboard with some new perspectives. Due to longer upgrade times the report mentions a pay raise for A320 FO's and E190 Captains.. Additionally the 190 guys got a riase about 3 months ago.

I hope you move to phase 2.. Expect a year of reserve maybe less with the summer coming up.. I was on reserve 2 months

JetBlue Interview 2/1

Click,

Thanks for the info. I'm patiently waiting for that email!

Ciao,
GF

No flame bait at all but with many taking recall reserve time could shrink. Summer is a busy time and we could be short handed.

Congrats on the interview and good luck moving to phase 2.

Crazy...............everyone I know that works there says to stay away from jetblue. I'd be very careful about making a decision unless you are already in a bad or worsening situation. I wanted to work there too for a while, kinda glad I don't though.

just my.02

good luck

JetBlue Interview 2/1

The Q&A revealed that JetBlue is looking closely at several aspects of their current operation. Pay, benefits, attrition due to recalls, etc. I'm hoping that the current hiring trend will allow those hired in the beginning of 2007 an opportunity to gain valuable seniority at an expedited rate.

We were told that the interviewees from 2/1 would be eligible for classes starting as soon as Feb 28th if their background checks do not reveal any negative information. If they're hired before the background is cleared, then their employment will be contingent upon successful completion of the background check. This means that, if they find something while you're in training because they hired you before the background check was completed, you will be asked to leave, OUCH!

Again, thanks for the info.

GF

Crazy...............everyone I know that works there says to stay away from jetblue. I'd be very careful about making a decision unless you are already in a bad or worsening situation. I wanted to work there too for a while, kinda glad I don't though.

just my.02

good luck

The company just completed their pay and benefits review. They have given rough timetables for making changes. Only after the changes are published with will the exodus begin or not happen and pilots will make a career descision about Jetblue. Managements stated goal is not to be the highest paid or the lowest. Somewhere fair in the middle.
All we can do now is wait and see what they come up with. Emotions and expectations are high and a lot of trust has been lost. The perverbial ball is in managements court. Could be good or bad. Opinions?

I too interviewed during this time frame.
Have to say, one of the most relaxed and enjoyable interviews I have ever gone through. Everyone was friendly and helpful.

Being that I live in NYC, would love to get hired on and sit reserve! My friends who work there like the place. Are there things that can be changed for the better.. sure. But even the Asst. CP mentioned changes that could be made and are being looking at. How many companies do you know like that!

I'm hoping for the best... will be on pins and needles till next Fri!

Till then, Fly Safe, Fly Professionally!
Always
Motch

just my.02

good luck

You must know the 12 people who are gunning for ALPA then. Other than those guys, I think most are happy. Some guys with recall rights may also not be too happy so hopefully they will leave.

Latest resources

Back