Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

walkthasky

SWA FO
Ive heard that they may interview you for a pilot positioin, if youve been working there "in-house" for over a year. Is this true?

I have asked mgmt. about this and was told you must still meet the minimums to be interviewed for a pilot position. We do have husband/wife, brother/brother/, sister/sister/, mom/daughter employees here.

We have mechanics that have commercial instrument MEL tickets but they cant interview for pilot positions because they dont have the time requirements. I wish they would change that for people that are in house.

so...

So, if i have the requirements to be a pilot there, and i get a job elsewhere in the company, i could get an interview after a year? I think thats what you are saying?

“Is the requirement 1000 any PIC hours or 1000 turbine PIC hours for qualification?”

I think its 1,000 hours “any” PIC.*

*Jetblue will only consider PIC time when the Pilot has signed for the aircraft. Please use only this time when completing the areas of the application asking for PIC time to be entered.

The way I read it, you must have 1,000 hours turbine PIC, however if your PIC time is not in turbine powered aircraft, then on top of your PIC flight time, you ALSO need an additional 1,000 hours of turbine flight time (left or right seat). Kind of like the 20,000 # requirement, you must have at least 1,000 hours worth of it, left or right seat. Am I correct in my assumption?

Thanks, av80r

Minimum Qualification:

· 1500 hours total time in airplanes (excluded: Helo, Sim, F/E time)</SPAN>
· 1000 hours turbine in airplanes
· 1000 hours PIC*
· 1000 hours in airplanes at or above 20,000 pounds (max take off weight)
· Recency of flight experience will be considered
· FAA Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certification
· Current FAA Class 1 Medical Certificate
·FCC Radio License
· Current Passport
· Three reference letters from pilots who can personally attest to the candidates flying skills (must bring originals to interview)
· Vision corrected to 20/20
· Legally authorized to work in the U.S.A.
· Able to pass a 10-year security background check and a drug test

*Jetblue will only consider PIC time when the Pilot has signed for the aircraft. Please use only this time when completing the areas of the application asking for PIC time to be entered.

Keep in mind, that I don't think there is a "guarantee" that after a specified time you get an interview, even if you meet the minimums. There are several internals who would like to interview, but have not gotten one. The only real "rule" is that if you are an internal, you do have to wait at least a year, even if your application is competitive with the pool of externals.

Skirt

Latest resources

Back