• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetBlue Insurance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
it sucks. Short term disability for one.
I quit JB, and am now at Kalitta Air, the insurance is much better.

I tend to agree.

The insurance here at B6 definetly has room for improvement. The insurance at my previous "regional"carrier was better.

COuld be better.

It all depends on how much you use the insurance. My wife has chronic illnesses so we use it alot and therefore its not such a good deal (high deductables and out of pocket amounts). My last airline (regional) had awesome insurance, we paid nothing but copays. We had no idea how good the insurance was until now.:(

it sucks. Short term disability for one.
I quit JB, and am now at Kalitta Air, the insurance is much better.

Your going to need good insurance to pay for detox/rehab after you come off whatever junk youve been smokin to make that move.

To each their own though...

JB's insurance isnt that bad if you compare it to the rest of outside the industry's insurance plans. I tend to look at it as systemic of what's happening nationally with health care plans in this country. As we head more into a crisis with it, costs go up and benefits have gone down. It just so happens I switched jobs at the same time where my old insurance seemed better because it was designed years ago.

Sweet opinions guys, I am stoked. I get to live in Europe occasionally with my Brasilian/Italian girlfriend. Meaning start and finish trips in Europe. 13 to 14 days off in a row, making those surf trips to Bali easier, two weeks of Capoeira or a home surf break with my surf bro's. two weeks in Brasil.
Yea, I know, long trips, long legs, not always time to hang out and enjoy destinations, like Amsterdam and Hong Kong or Honolulu, bummer, sometimes it's great.

The money is the same, insurance much better, upgrades fading in the 320, consistent at two years at Kalitta on 747. Home based, never a commute again, except to training in Ypsilanti. Sky miles, One pass miles, wow how many do I have now?

Hey enjoy: JFK-FLL-EWR-MCO-JFK-FLL-EWR-PBI-JFK

I loved flying up and down the east coast, woohooo.
Then try to catch a plane home somewhere.... Awesome!
I had a good time for a little while, loads of good friends though, good luck guys. Good luck to everyone, this industry is crazy.

The benefits guide will be in the initial packet.

BTW, although I know a few may disagree, the insurance isn't that bad.

Our insurance is awful.

My prescriptions at the sewer regional I just came from cost me 10 and 15 bucks.

At JetBlue...60 bucks EACH. It's $400.00 every 3 months. Not to mention the absurd deductible we pay for health care.

It really needs to be #1 on the list of things we have to address.

The fact that there's anything better at CHQ than JetBlue means JetBlue is doing something wrong.

When I was at JB I was paying $330 a month just to have family health insurance. When you add co-pays and deductables it came out to over $400 a month -- that was 10% of my pay! UPS, $80 a month for everything.

Latest resources

Back