Jetblue Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

a319drvr

Can someone post how many 320's they have today and how often they get a new one?

The company website still says 77 but I also know their aircraft announcements include the teaser that they "get a new aircraft every few weeks".

Thanks in advance

Can someone explain the concept of "virtual base" ? I have heard JB is doing this but I am not clear about how it is applied.

We get a new A320 approximately every three weeks. The answer to your other question regarding virtual basing: We do not have virtual basing. We have been throwing the idea around for over a year and a half but it appears to be a logistical nightmare. My guess is that it will not happen any time soon.

Our performance software indicates 83 A320s, 2 E190s, and 1 E190 enroute.

I think we get (on average) a new aircraft (A320 or E190) something like every 10 days now.

Do a search and you can find a few threads about the virtual basing subject.

MP

a319drvr said:
Can someone explain the concept of "virtual base" ? I have heard JB is doing this but I am not clear about how it is applied.

The "virtual base" concept seems to have died.
Unworkable due to logistics (reserves, etc.)

It was going to be a "spin off" city of another domicile where pilots could originate and terminate trips.

The NEW concept which eventually will happen (?) is to automate a system where pilots can "split off" of their last leg/first leg of a trip.

So if you live in Orlando... and your last day of flying is JFK-MCO-JFK you could drop you MCO-JFK if a guy would pick up that leg.

It would be an automated system and with enough "pool" of pilots may be successful.

Latest resources

Back