Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

satpak77

Marriott Platinum Member
Today, Monday 10-17-2005, at approx 1700 Zulu I heard Jetblue while I was up on Cenamar control, over Guatemala. I seem to recall he was handed off to San Salvador approach, but cant remember.

Was this a charter? Maybe a hurricane stan relief flight....who knows

just curious

Probably going to SAL (MSLP) for maintenance, I believe that B6 contracts heavy maintenance and some C-checks through TACA?

Not only was this a maintenance flight to SAL, but also many times crewmembers arrive in country with donated supplies for local charities... I believe this was one such flight.

I heard Aloha 808 over the same location the other day. My fav, aircraft 808 coming out of maintenance in MROC (San Jose, Costa Rica). 821 was there in the hangar when I arrived.

Lots of outsourced maintenance going on down there these days.

PHXFLYR said:
Maybe an EM190 delivery flight to the US?

PHXFLYR:cool:

Embraers clear customs, are given a conformity check and issued an airworthiness certificate in Ft Lauderdale, which is also where EMB's USA office is located.

what's so great about the maintenance in south america? are there no mechanics or facilities in north america?

BLUE BAYOU said:
Not only was this a maintenance flight to SAL, but also many times crewmembers arrive in country with donated supplies for local charities... I believe this was one such flight.

Yea, blue jeans going south....Ganga going north.

Latest resources

Back