Jetblue headed to MKE?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

lowecur

Rumors are spreading that Jetblue will announce MKE in the not too distant future. Apparently NWA is circulating a memo saying that Jetblue has secured 2 gates and will begin service to JFK, BUR, Fort Myers, MCO, and BOS.

This will be an interesting test for the 190 if it's true. Midwest has a hub there and offers great service with their 717 fleet. With the recently announced service to Stewart, Jetblue seems to think the 190 will be able to challenge the 717 and the limited resources of these two carriers. It makes sense to focus in that direction if the legacys look to be too strong in the future. Add'l 190 service from ROC and BUF to the Florida market is rumored, again focusing on the 717 from these two stations. Should be an interesting battle.

:pimp:

Hey Mr. ERJ,

Did JB cancel their 190 orders or not? Word in the crew room is they did.
Yes, I believe so. They are probably going to buy the RRJ, and will import FA's from DL to mimic the matronly Russian prison guards on Aeroflot.

:pimp:​

Hey Mr. ERJ,

Did JB cancel their 190 orders or not? Word in the crew room is they did.

No cancelled orders. Slowdown on deliveries, yes but no cx of orders.

Having flown on both the E190 and the 717 recently as a pax, I find the E190 slightly more comfortable - and obviously the IFE is better. That being said, the 717 is still quite comfortable - especially the Midwest 717s with their leather seats and cookies. Should be an interesting contest if it happens.

Midwest provides a good customer experience at a higher fare than most of the LCCs would charge. As MKE is home to AMW I would be surprised if JBLU's possible arrival would impact the hometown carrier much. If they expand to cities other than BOS or NYC, I would anticipate Midwest responding with other incentives to offset the challenge. It is hard to beat those fresh baked cookies!

Latest resources

Back