• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue Gear Problem In LAX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Reporters are morons! Let's scare everyone on board.

Idiots.

The plane will be fine even if the gear collapses I would say......

Flying the Line said:
They are landing at LAX so they can cause delays for all the other airlines and get lots of free publicity at the same time. The nose should freely caster on landing.

Good luck guys.

Nose cannot freely caster - trust me on this. The rubber will burst and the rims will grind down causing some sparks - nothing more. There is no chance the wheel will suddenly caster to center from 90 degrees offset.

FedEx is still flyin at LAX at leat at the time of this post.

N905TW said:
Wow, reminds me of the video we saw in new hire training about the exact same incident at AWA a few years back....... thought they had fixed this problem....

NTSB Identification: NYC99IA062 .
The docket is stored in the Docket Management System (DMS). Please contact Public Inquiries
Scheduled 14 CFR Part 121: Air Carrier operation of AMERICA WEST AIRLINES
Incident occurred Tuesday, February 16, 1999 in COLUMBUS, OH
Probable Cause Approval Date: 5/9/2001
Aircraft: Airbus Industrie A-320-231, registration: N628AW
Injuries: 31 Uninjured.

When the landing gear was lowered, the flight crew received landing gear control and interface unit (LGCIU) faults. A visual fly-by revealed the nose wheels were rotated 90 degrees from the desired direction for landing. A normal touchdown was made, after which, the captain commanded an emergency evacuation using the overwing exits. Examination of the airplane revealed the external 'O' rings in the steering control valve had extruded and by-passed pressurized hydraulic fluid to rotate the nose wheels. This event had occurred before, and the manufacturer had issued a service bulletin. The operator had not complied with the service bulletin, nor were they required to comply with it. The National Transportation Safety Board determines the probable cause(s) of this incident as follows:

a failure of the external o-rings in the nose landing gear steering module.

Full narrative availableIndex for Feb1999 | Index of months

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief2.asp?ev_id=20001205X00227&ntsbno=NYC99IA062&akey=1

They just mentioned this on MSNBC.

I'll bet you anything those lazy putzes are reading this thread.

Sean Hannity is a class act.

"To any of you who are on the flight watching this now you are in our prayers and we're all pulling for you. It's looking good."

"the plane has just been handed off to LAX tower, and I beleive they are gonna make an approach. They are 12 miles out right now, and if my calculations are correct, this things should be landing in about twelve minutes." some idiot said.

I mean what the heck. Thats 60knots, or mph hour as they like to say. What kind of calculator does this guy have.

great job!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back