• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue First Officer positions gone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's comments like that thebluto that keep other CEO's awake at night. Prly never happen, but if it did, it would be an incredible force.

ultrarunner said:
It's comments like that thebluto that keep other CEO's awake at night. Prly never happen, but if it did, it would be an incredible force.
Only if SWA went with the in-seat TV's and Satelite radio. ;)

My wife and step-daughter got stuck in MCO last week while I was at work flying 5 legs with 25 minute turns - not much time to help and this is only the 3rd time my wife has traveled without me. A friend of mine who works there happened to call me and I was like, "Why didn't I think of jetBlue SOONER?!" DOH!

Needless to say, THEY LOVED IT! My step-daughter now tells me she doesn't want to fly on anyone except jetBlue and Southwest because everyone is so friendly but especially jetBlue because of the TV's. :D She also said I should could go to work there "right away" so she could fly them more often (she's 8). :)

Thanks to the guys and gals at jetBlue who make life great for even the non-revs; it's nice not to be treated as a "necessary evil" (happens on my own airline every time we travel)!

p.s. Thanks Skygod for the info... started panicking the regional masses with apps on file. :)

You are very welcome. Although with load factors at 90%, there aren't a lot of empty seats, I personally do everything I can to keep from leaving anybody behind. That applies to customers, non-revs, & jumpseaters. I'll bump our crewmembers to jumpseats to get other non-revs on. Most of us are a big fan of "Treat others the way you want to be treated," and it seems to be working. Unlimited jumpseats and new ID90 agreements are a big help. Since our route structure is limited we greatly appreciate the opportunity for our families to pass travel or ID90 with other companies.

The big nipple....

Passengers with kids LOVE the TVs...
Keeps the little monsters entertained.

Its also interesting to fly on another carrier and watch how needy the customers are and then fly jB and see how "pacified" they can become.

I call it the "big nipple" theory.

Neeleman was a genius... of course with 9 kids maybe he knew something.

Hey Lear, you in MSP anytime soon. I will be home on sunday. Then the fun begins..ya know..the INS thing....I might be in dtw if I can get on the pcl flight. the IM is not working tonight for some reason.

Later,
BS

Last edited:
Kaki,

Calls are still going out for April interviews. And as far as the TVs are concerned: that's why the minivan never leaves home without one.

8vATE said:
I call it the "big nipple" theory.

Neeleman was a genius... of course with 9 kids maybe he knew something.
The 'BIG Nipple' theory... I can relate to that. :D :D :D

The airplane was pretty full, they got two of the last four seats to Boston and I had to put them on NW from BOS-DTW-BNA but at least they got home. Hope you guys keep 'em full, I definitely want jetBlue to be a long-term player (although I think they will anyway).

By the way, what Carribean destinations do you guys serve (if any)? We're thinking about a little vacation in June and I want to buy some full-fare tickets just to "make sure" we don't go through the non-rev cancellation dance:

"Oh, I'm sorry, we cancelled our last flight out last night so every flight for the NEXT TWO DAYS is overbooked with revenue passengers. Have a nice day."

I know it happens but I like to minimize that kind of drama in my life... ;)

Right now, we go to Nassau, Bahamas; Santiago, Dominican Republic; and San Juan & Aquadilla, Puerto Rico.

I would recommend to book early.

Probably more destinations in the future, but I have no idea where.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back