• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue Financial

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
False. Haven't you been reading this thread... the airplanes are free. No payment required so obviously no interest is paid.

General Lee said:
T or F---Jetblue has a deal with Airbus to not pay interest on the airplanes for the first 3 years.

Are the three years up yet? When they are----$$$$$.

Beats the heck out of me. First I've heard of it. Could possibly be true, but smells like BS. The airplanes aren't financed through Airbus, and some are leased. Which ones did you mean?

If that were the case the first few airplanes are already past that point anyway and would be reflected in 4Q '02 numbers.

Last edited:
Michael Knight said:
False. Haven't you been reading this thread... the airplanes are free. No payment required so obviously no interest is paid.

What was I thinking? I missed the obvious, didn't I? :)

jetblue

I interviewed Dec 5th. During the informal discussions with the management team, I made the comment that I would love to meet the CEO who gets all the aircraft for free. Al Spain assured all of us there, that they pay for them just as everyone else does.
By the way, my class starts Mar 3rd.

Great Thread

I was ROTFLMOA reading this thread until the dreaded naysayer showed up. Boy he sure has a way with putting a crimp in a party. I have many friends (fourteen or so) at his airline and thank goodness none of them have his personality, or lack thereof. Now I realize one reason I left the AF, most comments that Generals make are not very intelligent.

Let the fun continue!!!!!!

General Lee,
Now that you have spread the good word, I am sure blueJet will just fade away.

General Lee:

The answer to your post is FALSE.

The debt that jetBlue is issuing for the purchase of its aircraft require the payment of interest. Specifically they are called "floating interest equipment notes." The current interest rate being paid is 3.93%. This interest rate is adjusted quarterly (therefore the name "floating"), and will be paid off over a period of anywhere from 10 to 12 years depending on the specific covenants of each note issued. These notes originate from various European banks, not from Airbus directly. The source of my post is jetBlue's SEC filings.

You'll have to look for something else to explain away why jetBlue is profitable. Another myth shot down :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Guys,
During my walkaround at JFK last week I saw the most incredible invention in the world! Not only does Airbus give us our airplanes for free, but they run on saltwater! Yeah, I couldn't believe it either, but I saw it with my own eyes. One of the rampers had this hose running straight from the Long Island Sound directly to the airplane. I asked him about it and he informed me that this was the TRUE secret to Jet Blue's success. Airbus should be issuing a press release very soon about this new technology.

-#1W

Some of you boys are in severe denial. You know what, that's even better for us. Keep on denying, boys. We'll try to keep the facts from getting in your way.

OK Skank...we tried to defuse a rather boorish and false commentary about JetBlue with humor, but I guess you just don't get it. :rolleyes:

So...I'll bite on your flame bait. What exactly are the JetBlue folks "in denial" about?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back