and asked and answered
and asked and answered
and asked and answered
and asked and answered

kinda reminds me of my kids saying
"Are we there yet?"

I'd be irritated also.

Z

Well Oz when folks like you come on these boards and post comments like "J-Boo" and "Enron Air" there comes a point where most reasonable people begin to get a little frustrated. As someone who is posting on this forum for the first time you would do yourself a lot of good to start off with a more mature and professional posting. You know the old saying about first impressions.

If someone has an honest question about jetBlue, then this is the place to ask the question. However, take a moment to do some prep work by searching previous posts on the same subject, or better yet review the financial records which are easy to find. This board has many outstanding contributors to help pilots better prepare to reach their flying goals and aspirations. And imagine, it all for free!

However, if you or anyone else wants to play games and post flame-bait comments, then it defeats the purpose of this great forum and diminishes its value for everyone. Obviously, jetBlue will always have its detractors for a variety of reasons. Despite how you feek personally you should be glad for this one fact. JetBlue is providing continuous employment opportunities for pilots who want to work in the airline industry during an extremely difficult period in our business.

You have a nice day now

Last edited:
SFR:

In response to your general question I'll attempt to answer it by highlighting jetBlue's expenses and investment in aircraft, a popular urban myth that many folks think jetBlue gets for free. The source of my information are the 10Q reports filed with the SEC, and cover the latest public information on file for the first nine months of 2002. Here's a link to the source information:

http://ccbn.tenkwizard.com/fil_list...000FF&AL=FF0000&VL=800080&st=2&page=1&extras=

The numbers listed here are the nine month summarized totals ending on 9/30/02.

AC Rent: $6.8 million (payments for aircraft flown under operating leases )

AC Maintenance: $3.0 million (Still a relatively low cost due to the fact that many aircraft are still under OEM warranty. This amount covers primarily the cost of expanding C-Level checks on the A320 fleet).

New AC Investment: $441 million ($360 mm of this amount has been raised through the use of long-term equipment notes. The remainder has been paid for through other financing and operating cash flow sources).

Total AC Investment Through 2007: $2.3 billion (This covers the cost of the first 60 AC deliveries which jetBlue has with Airbus)

AlbieF15 said:
Ducking for cover before JeffG shows up! :D

Nah, he's safe from me. The horse is dead. I just settle for the occasional sarcastic comment now. Your advice to just do a search is a good one, though.

Story I heard is that JetBlue is not only off the hook as far as aircraft payments go, but that they also pay nothing for maintenance and even fuel for their whole fleet. Sounds like a heck of a deal they struck with Airbus.....

Kid Charlemagne said:
Story I heard is that JetBlue is not only off the hook as far as aircraft payments go, but that they also pay nothing for maintenance and even fuel for their whole fleet. Sounds like a heck of a deal they struck with Airbus.....

Oh, that's nothing. I heard that JetBlue doesn't even pay labor costs for five years (thank you, French taxpayers). That probably explains why our pay checks are drawn on a Swiss bank.

Also, the airplanes not only aren't paid for, they're disposable! That's right, as part of a French government jobs program, these A320's "expire" after five years, by Airworthiness Directive, and are due for mandatory replacement with new ones. That could be really expensive, but fortunately Airbus picks up the tab for that too. It's the secret weapon in the JetBlue arsenal. Heavy maintenance costs will never be paid since the aircraft will expire first. The French government is so anxious to provide "the next Southwest" with aircraft that they just deliver $50 million worth of planes a month just to spite Boeing. Too bad no other airlines could get that deal. JetBlue sure is lucky.

You did know that one big reason the French don't want America to go to war with Iraq is that if that happens, the cheap Iraqi jet fuel they're funneling to JetBlue as part of their "bottomless tank" service program would be cut off. Airbus would be in big trouble if that part of the warranty program is defaulted. So the US can't depose Saddam Hussain if Airbus is to remain competitive.

And if you believed a word of this, I've got a nearly new Airbus I could sell you. :rolleyes:

In fact, due to the Iraqi oil/French free fuel connection, JetBlue has instituted an anti-war demonstration of it's own device.

All JetBlue pilots and passengers stage a peace-in on every flight, chanting "give peace a chance" mantras during boarding and saving blue chips as potential land mine sensors for the battlefield. This action naturally follows the Kool-aid binge prior to push.

Further, in an effort to stave off vexing maintenance costs during the five year life expectancy of the airplane, the airline asks passengers if they would care to contribute a little something by either servicing the oil or inflating tires. Hey--every little bit helps, you know.

And if the above actions are not true, well, they oughta be...

Jeff & Eagle-

Your answers here are a lot better than the usual explanations -- I think they should become the usual response to the usual JetBlue questions.

Some people might just believe them...

T or F---Jetblue has a deal with Airbus to not pay interest on the airplanes for the first 3 years.

Are the three years up yet? When they are----$$$$$.

Bye Bye---General Lee:cool:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back