JetBlue Enters SWA Territory

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
calfo said:
Jetblue will do well there... people will choose a long ride with built-in entertainment versus a bare-bones 737-700 any day.

Yeah, I'm sure on that grueling 50 min flight the lack of IFE will be really missed. FYI, the complete cliche also always cites no assigned seating as the reason for SWA's imminent shelacking in <insert market here> :rolleyes:

JB hasn't been enjoying EWR...pulling their TPA flights. Got ousted of ATL. Like to see them try CLT or IAH next.

Hair-on-Fire said:
............and then Delta went bankrupt.

I didn't say they (Bid D) did well in the aftermath. :p But, I figured it was tough starting in a market like ATL with Delta and Air Tran already all over the place.

Headfake14 said:
I didn't say they (Bid D) did well in the aftermath. :p But, I figured it was tough starting in a market like ATL with Delta and Air Tran already all over the place.

No, but you implied it. Or you implied that Delta won some war (how stupid does that sound in the big scheme of things anyway?). "Flooding the market" just did not work out for them (at least in the short term, considering their bankruptcy -- if they come out of bk strong, then defending "their" turf could be seen as a good decision).

As for SWA: here's my prediction ... our one flight a day is gonna slowly erode Southwest support all over the universe.

Bavarian Chef said:
No, but you implied it. Or you implied that Delta won some war (how stupid does that sound in the big scheme of things anyway?). "Flooding the market" just did not work out for them (at least in the short term, considering their bankruptcy -- if they come out of bk strong, then defending "their" turf could be seen as a good decision).

As for SWA: here's my prediction ... our one flight a day is gonna slowly erode Southwest support all over the universe.

I think History shows the B6 ATL-JFK flights were in response to Song and the then sudden interest in JFK with the green note "treblecleff" thingy. A sort of "all righty then.." :bomb:

elag777 said:
I think History shows the B6 ATL-JFK flights were in response to Song and the then sudden interest in JFK with the green note "treblecleff" thingy. A sort of "all righty then.." :bomb:

There never was an ATL-JFK, another B6 expert?:erm:

Latest resources

Back