• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Emergency Landing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Brain tumor, TBI, TIA, hypercalcemia, lots of medical conditions can cause someone to whig out, and lose their medical for a very long time.

Hope he gets the treatment he needs and that the treatment works.

What's in that Blue Juice anyway?
Steven Slater and now a Cappy, the next thing you know Jet Blue will be charging for all checked bags.

is he passed out in that pic on the straight back?

A few airlines back I flew with a guy who used to get kind of batty when he didn't eat - something like low blood sugar.

Last edited:
We do. It can suck real bad for the lower paid guys, but he should be ok. He will max out the plan on a monthly basis and make north of 6 figures on LTD. The real problem is with the medical benefits while out. Costs double the 1st 6 months, then you have to pay cobra for 18 months, then you go back to double cost for 36 months, then you are booted and lose medical coverage all together at the 5 year point.

What's the Long Term Disability plan look like at B6? Do you guys have a disability plan?

Yea, I think in 6mo he gets to go to a COBRA plan... then in 18mo? he get's back on the co. plan. but after 60 months if he can't qualify for his position... He gets terminated.

This is off the top of my head, so the timeline may be off by a month or 6. But in the grand scheme... this guy is $^@$$ed

I guess he never got over Macho Grande. Striker was the squadron leader. He brought us in real low. Bu he couldn't handle it.

Latest resources

Back