• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue emergency landing (merged)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I used to work for a company that painted roads and runways. The road paint was water/plastic/epoxy based. Immediately behind the paint sprayer, a nozzle released really tiny glass beads (think fine sand) that were used to reflect light to make the lines reflective.

The beads applied at airports were of a slightly larger diameter, and I can't recall what the composition was, be the beads alone were more of a brownish color.

The beads could have caused additional reflection of the magnesium alloy rim sparks. I don't know if an Airbus has them, but the King Air I'm flying does.

Oh, I definately would be making more money painting roads than I do flying. $26/hour plus OT, I miss those days.

We had another crew put down with the same problem, can't remember the date or flight number but roughly 2 years ago from BUF to JFK, basically same problem and same results no media coverage.

Both crews did an outstanding job!!! A true acknowlegment of professioniaism to all invoved in our profession front and back half of the aircraft as well as the folks behind the scenes ATC, Maint., management etc..

While going to work today I was patted on the back and thanked multiple times for the great job we do every day. It's been a long time in this industry since I've been recognized for doing anything positive and God it felt great. All I did last night was watch and pray like everyone else. First I would like to thank those folks for an outstanding job and secondly I'd like to thank them for giving us some respect back in the industry for doing what we do on a daily basis, albiet thankfully uneventful days.

The only critique I have with the landing is did they have to wipe out all those center line lights with the shaved off nose gear?:D What's that gonna cost us in taxes?

Way to Go SB and the Rest of Your Crew!!!

A Grateful,

Counselair

Latest resources

Back