JetBlue emergency landing (merged)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cjs said:
Christ, is that a joke? "you fly it around and get the fuel where you want" .. sure, assuming the plane remains sufficiently airworthy to burn fuel for a few hours. You gotta be kidding dude.

nah not kidding "dude"

Alright, I'll assume you are not flamebait and maybe just a slow Microsft fltsim type of fella who migrated over from airliners.net -- close?

ya might want to fly it around, do some checklists (you familiar?) call ops, call France...talk to techs....ponder alternates...get everyone involved in the decision...let emergency crews set-up...

or you can panic like a freak and throw it back on the runway? just get it down now right? why?

whats wrong with keeping it in the air?

What if its on fire you say? land it overweight right now.... dont you think maybe this was taken into consideration during certification?

:confused: .

Last edited:
Well this pilot definitely earned his 15 minutes.

Famous words of Andy Warhol - “in the future everybody will be famous for 15 minutes”

cjs said:
I'll be the first to admit that I don't know much about aviation, but doesn't this underscore how dangerous it is to not have fuel dumping facilities available? In order to avoid an overweight landing, the aircraft in distress must orbit for god knows how long with whatever problems they're having as opposed to just dumping the fuel and making an immediate landing.

Can you please define what a fuel dumping facility is?

MSNBC has a pax who was on the flight on the phone right now... he says that they were watching the coverage on DirectTV while they circled. Coverage was shut off about 5 min before landing. Thats gotta be kinda crazy to be sitting on the plane and watching your plane circle on live tv.

Last edited:
The Aviation "Expert" Robert Hager just stated on MSNBC that a nose gear cocked 90' off center had the potential to flip the aircraft over on landing.

I have now heard it all. I don't think any idiot reporter can top that stupid statement.

Dangerkitty said:
The Aviation "Expert" Robert Hager just stated on MSNBC that a nose gear cocked 90' off center had the potential to flip the aircraft over on landing.

I have now heard it all. I don't think any idiot reporter can top that stupid statement.

Hahaha yeah i heard that too, didnt know it was Robert Hager, but yeah... thats about one of the dumbest things I've heard.

America West captain just interviewed on FOXNews. He said if the centering mechanism on the nosewheel failed, the nosewheel automatically "blows" to the 90 position. Makes sense, better than having a 45 or anything less for that matter. The tires can melt off and the plane skids away as we just saw.

Crazy, they (MSNBC) are interviewing these passengers via cellphone that are sitting on these busses litterally 50 ft. from the Airbus. Talk about up to the minute news.

More importantly.....Nice work gents. I'm still amazed that it didn't veer off to one side or another. That runway will have quite the gouge in it.

Holy Moly! They kept that thing right on center line. I have a hard time doing that in a perfectly functional airplane. Nice job fellas.

Latest resources

Back