JetBlue emergency landing (merged)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cjs said:
Anyone know what caused the gear to get stuck? Did they discover the problem when the gear wouldn't retract after takeoff?

No, they found out on the ILS into JFK....then they turned around and flew back to LAX with the gear down and cocked 90 degrees.

ya know?

Having been in several emergency landings, I can say that it sucks to be in the back as a Flight Attendant, circling around for what seems like forever, and having to look calm with the passengers.They have put the city of LA on alert - tons of firefighters and emergency personnel.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know much about aviation, but doesn't this underscore how dangerous it is to not have fuel dumping facilities available? In order to avoid an overweight landing, the aircraft in distress must orbit for god knows how long with whatever problems they're having as opposed to just dumping the fuel and making an immediate landing.

according to the fair and balanced fox news, the plane is 12 miles from landing so that will take about 12 minutes "if my computations are correct" lov the news

Resume Writer said:
Having been in several emergency landings, I can say that it sucks to be in the back as a Flight Attendant, circling around for what seems like forever, and having to look calm with the passengers...

I was thinking about that, too. This is an awfully long time to have to anticipate an emergency landing!

cjs said:
I'll be the first to admit that I don't know much about aviation, but doesn't this underscore how dangerous it is to not have fuel dumping facilities available? In order to avoid an overweight landing, the aircraft in distress must orbit for god knows how long with whatever problems they're having as opposed to just dumping the fuel and making an immediate landing.

dear god.

Latest resources

Back