• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue E190 bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seems like you can get FLL within a couple of months. LGB takes a while longer (6-9 months maybe) but the E-190 will shake things up a bit.

190 bases

Vref+10 said:
Any plans of having the E190 in Fort Lauderdale?

Several people have posted about bases and have mentioned FLL, but only bases mentioned by the company in discussion have been

JFK for the 1st year
BOS Maybe
IAD Maybe
MCO Maybe

Again, only JFK has been announced as 190 base so far. The others were just "what if" and discussion areas. With our growth in Boston, I can defintely see BOS. IAD and MCO have lots of potential, but FLL was never mentioned at all. That may not be what you want to hear, but in all of the pocket sessions FLL was never discussed as an option.

In addition, FLL is too crowded to add many flight to to support a different aircraft type. USAir has recently tried to make FLL a base and add lots of flights. This has caused large gound delays for everyone that operates at FLL on both good WX days as well as bad. The airport just can't support more without expansion of the runways and ramp areas. I don't see JetBlue expanding at an airport that will only muck up the system with delays.

Just my opinion.....

FNG

In a few years when JetBlue has 44 E190's to spare, they are going to open a Denver hub.

that provides service to 42 destinations in 23 states spanning the nation from coast-to-coast and to five cities in Mexico, from its Denver hub.
:)

Actually, probably only JFK and BOS for a while. But they will need to find a place to get the 190's to the west coast. Might later fly out of the west coast at LGB or OAK.

FNG320 said:
JFK for the 1st year
BOS Maybe
IAD Maybe
MCO Maybe

FNG

**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**, looks like everyone will be commuting. Tough to live on EMB wages in any of those cities with the exception of Orlando perhaps.

C77MD80 said:
**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**, looks like everyone will be commuting. Tough to live on EMB wages in any of those cities with the exception of Orlando perhaps.

No one said you had to apply to only Jetblue. If you don't like the wage, look elsewhere. You can apply to any other regional carrier and make much less than a 190 f/o. Try living in any large metro city on todays wages.

NTS ALL 4 said:
No one said you had to apply to only Jetblue. If you don't like the wage, look elsewhere. You can apply to any other regional carrier and make much less than a 190 f/o. Try living in any large metro city on todays wages.

OK. At those wages I wouldn't consider the job at all. I am sure some will and that's their perogative. I'm just surprised at the wage imposed in the large cities that's all.

I noticed in your post you talk about the E190 and "other" regional carriers. Is that what the E190 is considered, a regional? Doesn't the a/c have 100 seats? Since when is that a regional.

Last edited:
In a few years when JetBlue has 44 E190's to spare, they are going to open a Denver hub.
But they will need to find a place to get the 190's to the west coast. Might later fly out of the west coast at LGB or OAK.

How about this for a rumor? JetBlue will open a hub in RFD (Rockford, IL), establishing a Midwest base--perfect for hopskipping to the far corners of the country in the -190's.

Huge, uncrowded airport with plenty of terminal space. ILS and GPS approaches to long runways. No airspace restrictions. Only an hour northwest of ORD (at the typical avg. 70 miles an hour on Interstate 90). Heck, it's already an overnight hub for UPS.

A couple of LCC's, HootersAir (Pace), Ryan Intl. and TransMeridian already have figured out RFD as an attractive alternative to delay/EDICT-prone ORD and the 10 lbs.-in-a-5 lb.-sack that is MDW. Heck, the airport authority doesn't even charge for overnight parking. JetBlue customers (and just about anyone else) certainly would like to hear that.

JetBlue wouldn't have to wait for the west-side terminal to be built at ORD (assuming Mayor Daley can even expand the airport any more than it is). They could quickly have their own Midwest hub, just like they have JFK out east--and with a product that is far superior to any of the aforementioned LCC's.

TheTIC said:

that provides service to 42 destinations in 23 states spanning the nation from coast-to-coast and to five cities in Mexico, from its Denver hub.
:)

Funny

Latest resources

Back