Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jack Mehoff

I PITTY DA FOO!
This story is just to damn funny not to share.

So I'm heading to the FBO in TPA to check on mx with our plane. As we approach the hotel van a JetBlue crew is getting in. The Capt shuts the door in front of me. I open the door and the capt snaps the door shut damn near shutting my fingers in the door. I go to open the door again and the capt looks at me gives me a dirty look and again snaps the door shut. At this point I am extremely confused but I am quite a bit stronger then this guy. So I pull the door open so hard that the capt nearly falls out of the van because he's trying to hold it shut. I get in his face and ask "Are we not cool enough to ride with the Blue Crew or what man??" The capt finally moves over and lets us in the van mumbling some BS under his breath. After we do the drop off at the dumpster gate the van driver starts laughing and asks what that was all about. I said I'm just as in the dark as you my friend.

I realize I'm just a corporate pilot but WTF???? I've never seen a JB crew that wasn't really nice. Anyone know this jackhole? I think someone is in need of a sock party!

This story is just to damn funny not to share.

So I'm heading to the FBO in TPA to check on mx with our plane. As we approach the hotel van a JetBlue crew is getting in. The Capt shuts the door in front of me. I open the door and the capt snaps the door shut damn near shutting my fingers in the door. I go to open the door again and the capt looks at me gives me a dirty look and again snaps the door shut. At this point I am extremely confused but I am quite a bit stronger then this guy. So I pull the door open so hard that the capt nearly falls out of the van because he's trying to hold it shut. I get in his face and ask "Are we not cool enough to ride with the Blue Crew or what man??" The capt finally moves over and lets us in the van mumbling some BS under his breath. After we do the drop off at the dumpster gate the van driver starts laughing and asks what that was all about. I said I'm just as in the dark as you my friend.

I realize I'm just a corporate pilot but WTF???? I've never seen a JB crew that wasn't really nice. Anyone know this jackhole? I think someone is in need of a sock party!

Sounds like one of their Eastern scabs. You are bigger than he is? Well, if you are lucky enough to have that happen again, tell him to F off, go to the back of the van, take his bag(s) out of the van, place them on the curb and make him retrieve them. When he tries to get back into the van again, hold the door shut. Problem solved.

That surprises me. Blue guys and gals are usually pretty cool. Ditto what Johnsonrod said. Then if he has a problem tell him you would be happy to discuss it over an A$$ whoppin.

His crew was snickering at him enough from the back to send the vibe that he was a dildo. It got funnier when he kept a stiff posture and never turned around then said he would give HIS crew the briefing putting a major emphasis on the 150 pax load they had to FLL. I guess that was supposed to make me feel bad that I fly a small jet but it didn't.

I've never meet an uncool JB crew. Thats what was so weird, but there is always that 5%.

His crew was snickering at him enough from the back to send the vibe that he was a dildo. It got funnier when he kept a stiff posture and never turned around then said he would give HIS crew the briefing putting a major emphasis on the 150 pax load they had to FLL. I guess that was supposed to make me feel bad that I fly a small jet but it didn't.

I've never meet an uncool JB crew. Thats what was so weird, but there is always that 5%.

We don't fly TPA to FLL, just saying

CD

Not to cast aspersions, but this sounds remarkably like the story that went around about a Delta Captain about 5-6 years ago (might have been Comair).

Are the van drivers allowed to drive inside the security perimeter to the "dumpster gate" with non-airline personnel on board? The guard used to check everyone's ID before letting the van in. Has that changed?

And, as was just pointed out, TPA-FLL is not a JB route. (Wish it was...)

Last edited:
We don't fly TPA to FLL, just saying

CD

Ah, I thought that was weird too. He just said he was with them for one leg and the FAs said they were done in FLL. I figured thats where they were going. You guys must mix and match cabin crews and pilot crews during trips then.

Not to cast aspersions, but this sounds remarkably like the story that went around about a Delta Captain about 5-6 years ago (might have been Comair).

Are the van drivers allowed to drive inside the security perimeter to the "dumpster gate" with non-airline personnel on board? The guard used to check everyone's ID before letting the van in. Has that changed?

And, as was just pointed out, TPA-FLL is not a JB route. (Wish it was...)

Oh I can assure you this happened today on the 1pm van. I've been in the van many times now that they do the dumpster drop with JB with civies in the back and us non 121 pilots too. No IDs checked ever. Makes you feel safe doesn't it

They could take down the security checkpoints entirely and I'd feel just as safe as I do now with TSA at the helm.

The cool new uniforms don't give you a more secure feeling and make you respect them more? ;)

Latest resources

Back