Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

active_herk

Jetblue flyers:

I was curious about your employment contract. I understand it is for five years. During that time are you allowed to leave for another airline, or are you locked into Jetblue for the five years? Is the contract specifically designed to guarantee employment for five years? Thanks in advance for the information.

contract

its designed to keep you inline, if you make too much noise you're gone. Its much like UAL, USair, delta and NW contract, just a piece of paper.

Do a search. There is plent of information out there.

"its designed to keep you inline, if you make too much noise you're gone. Its much like UAL, USair, delta and NW contract, just a piece of paper."

Don't lie to the guy. It is nothing like a union contract. It is to protect JB and gives you no protection. It is a joke to say that.

really

just ask a UAL, USair, NW, Comair, TSA or Delta pilot if a union contract is more than a piece of paper. Those are the real jokes...

yes

you just agree not to go back to your previous job for 2 years. Why would you want to quit, you haven't even been hired yet?

flaps30 said:
you just agree not to go back to your previous job for 2 years. Why would you want to quit, you haven't even been hired yet?

Just a guess flaps but perhaps (s-h-r-e-e-k) JetBlue is not his first choice and he's wondering if he can take the JetBlue job till an opportunity with another company presents itself. Perhaps he doesn't want to clean the toilets between flights or he's not keen on transcon turns like so many JetBlue pilots? Perhaps he questions the long term viability of JetBlue? Perhaps he doesn't want to fly an RJ for poverty wages? Who knows?

BBB

Big Beer Belly said:
Just a guess flaps but perhaps (s-h-r-e-e-k) JetBlue is not his first choice and he's wondering if he can take the JetBlue job till an opportunity with another company presents itself. Perhaps he doesn't want to clean the toilets between flights or he's not keen on transcon turns like so many JetBlue pilots? Perhaps he questions the long term viability of JetBlue? Perhaps he doesn't want to fly an RJ for poverty wages? Who knows?

BBB

anybody know the status of the transcon turns? heard a rumor that it actually MIGHT happen!

active_herk said:
Jetblue flyers:

I was curious about your employment contract. I understand it is for five years. During that time are you allowed to leave for another airline, or are you locked into Jetblue for the five years? Is the contract specifically designed to guarantee employment for five years? Thanks in advance for the information.

Fair Question.

I believe it says you can't go back to your previous Pt 121 carrier for 2 years, or repay the training costs.

Everything else is standard stuff seen in many corporate flight dept. agreements. Nothing magical.

There is a blurb about an agreement to pay you during the 5 years if you are furloughed.

I signed mine, filed it away and haven't thought much about it except when questions arise here.

Latest resources

Back