Jetblue contract question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why I'm asking....

I'm a FedEx pilot and have a bud who I want to help get on at FedEx. He got offered a position at JetBlue, and I wasn't sure if he would be able to leave JetBlue to go to FedEx within the five years (assuming he would want to). Thats it, no other hidden motive here. Thanks for the info.

active_herk said:
Why I'm asking....

I'm a FedEx pilot and have a bud who I want to help get on at FedEx. He got offered a position at JetBlue, and I wasn't sure if he would be able to leave JetBlue to go to FedEx within the five years (assuming he would want to). Thats it, no other hidden motive here. Thanks for the info.

Why would he want to do that??

I wasn't saying he definitely would. I just want to know if I would be able to help him out if he did want to. Or if he would be locked into JetBlue. It is nice to know you have options, and what they are before making any decision.

Is there a provision in the contract where they can fire you if you stop cleaning the airplane and lav?

It only applies if you go back to your most recent carrier, NOT a new one.
I just had two new guys leave my crashpad that weren't even at our airline for one year. One for Fedex, and one for UPS. They got to cash in their stock options ($25,000 for 6 months of work), and leave with no problems. Actually, they were very surprised at how friendly and supportive the chief pilots were when they wished them good luck in the future with a handshake and a smile!
Typical JetBlue great leadership!

seahorse said:
Is there a provision in the contract where they can fire you if you stop cleaning the airplane and lav?

Yup...

If you ever miss a cleaning ... you're gone. No questions asked.

The B6 "agreement" differs from other airline "contracts" in a few ways..........

You don't continuously negotiate paycuts every few months in order to keep your carrier from inevitable bankruptcy. You actually get raises each year. Your "agreement" is not dangled in front of a judge with the threat of being tossed out the window unless you agree to give your top executives more bonuses so they don't have to defer on their yacht payments. Your long term viability is in no more danger than any other passenger carrier in today's world.........that is unless your carrier is already in chapter 11. The only RJ's you'll be flying on are the ones you'd commute to work on which are being farmed out to lower paying "regional" carriers who believe it's okay to pay their pilots dirt to do the same job as their "major" counterparts. You don't have to worry about hiding from passengers who complain about not getting a snack, movie, or a second helping of that shot glass of soda on flights less than 2 hours........especially when they paid extra for that aisle seat, which is the same one where your elbow gets slammed by oncoming galley carts. The only toilets you'll be cleaning are the ones in your own home, which are also attached to the same plumbing used by other top airline executives to flush away their employees pensions and "contracts." So you may actually go to work with a smile on your face. And beware...........when passengers get off of a B6 aircraft, they tend to smile and thank the crews for their hospitality. Oh, and don't be frightened if you see B6 executives interacting with their own employees and passengers instead of hiding out in offices afraid to face the real world.

You can talk all the sheet you want to, but the bottom line is that your pay rates suck a.ss, you have no retirment program, and no union.

seahorse said:
You can talk all the sheet you want to, but the bottom line is that your pay rates suck a.ss, you have no retirment program, and no union.

Yeah, you're right. Paid more than most other majors in the first year (including the 190). That 401K must be something else. Those unions really kick serious a** nowadays.

Live by the sword. Die by the sword.

SCR

Last edited:
401K is not a retirement plan

B737-800 at CAL, pays $100/hr as an FO at 6th year with 12.75% B-Fund retirement too. That's 12.75% that I don't have to take out of my pay like you would for a 401K.

So after you take out your 401K money from your $73 per hour, you make like $60 - 65 per hour to fly the Airbus. Then you clean the airplane for free too.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back