Jetblue contract question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilotbob3 said:
all new hires last year not only received 6000 options...but they were accelerated to 100% vesting in december and then split 2 days later! so that is 9000 options at about 12.90 strike price. im sure the price will go well over that soon!

Fire away all you guys and tell me what a bad deal that is! LOL

Yeah, well.......JetBlue sucks....and you are all just doodie-heads. :)

Patriot328 said:
Take a look at Jetblue's financials. They are in just as much trouble as any other airline out there. 17 out of the last 20 markets they entered haven't been profitable.
If they can't raise the fares AND keep their planes (2-3 new a month?) full, they are Independence Air in slow motion reverse. Most airlines are in trouble today. The people (er, posters on here) from Jetblue seem to refuse to believe that anything bad can ever happen to them there. That JB can do no wrong. It just ain't so. Even the mighty SWA isn't immune.

I have a lot of friends at Jetblue. Most of my friends/coworkers from Indy have found a home there. I don't want them looking for another job again. But the idea that Jetblue doesn't have some huge obstacles in front of it and it's nothing but good times ahead, is a little blind.

As far as FedEx and UPS, I agree with you 100%!!! That's as closest thing to job security as a pilot can find today. They shouldn't even be considered airlines, because what they do and what pax carriers do are on completely different planets.

On a small side note.. isn't amazing that a company that has 2 billion dollars in the bank is weary of being low on cash? What an industry....

True, and NWA entered bankruptcy with just that amount of cash. Remember though, most of that cash is BORROWED money and is restricted. It's not cash from operations which have been at a loss since 9/11.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back