• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue Competitive Times

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JayDub, I find it interesting that some of the new hires at JetBlue include a G-V and 16 year corporate pilot. Here I am thinking either of those jobs a would be good enough to make a career out of.

CCDiscoB,

The straight corp. guy didn't exactly leave on his own, if you know what I mean. He thought he had a lifetime job too, until new mgmt. came in. As far as EJI is concerned, upgrade is advertised as two years but is more like five in actuality. jetBlue's upgrade is advertised as two years, but is running close to one year, for now.

"Hiring military? I have gotten a call." When was your interview? Hope it went well.

Take care.

JayDub

Caddaddy said:
I'm in my 15th year at USAir and I'm at the JFK Ramada right now waiting to interview tomorrow morning.

If you get a chance could you tell us all about it. ie How many were there, experience level, questions asked etc. Thanks

I'll share some of my interview experience, however, first I'd to share a PM I got from PROPJOK concerning my last post, it seems that he believes I'm somehow unethical for searching for a new airline before I've been dumped by the current one. I feel everyone has to do what's right for themselves and their families, without scabbing that is. If I do get hired, I could save someone from getting fuloughed. uthor Message
propjok

jet blue
i hope you can sleep at night knowing that in the process of helping yourself out you just shafted 1000+ wholy owned ( i ment boned ) pilots. dont be looking for an express jumpseat any time soon buddy. have a nice life

one pissed of piedmont pilot

Do I deserve this and what's everyone's thoughts on this?

I think there was 8 of us for the 8am shift. I think they were bringing a new group every hour but I'm not sure how many hours they were going to be there. The usual, walk in and hand over the package and logbooks. They had pilots in uniform going over the logbooks with finetooth combs. Then go to the safe room where Al Spain and Lanny McAndrews were fielding questions. Everyone was very nice. Then they came and got us. They now do a tag team with a Captain and a HR person at the same time asking questions back and forth. No warm ups, they just dive right in. The only ones I didn't remember from any gouges is "What are you most proud of?" and "How do you incorporate your job and family and how do you reconnect with them when you get home from a long trip?" I believe my group was half military and half USAir, 2 furloughed and 2 of us currently flying. After the tag team questions, I had the debriefer ask some softball questions and then I went back to the saferoom for some cookies and listened to some more questions and answers. A very different kind of interview from the ones I went through back in the '80s. Just need to study the gouges and have some stories ready. Sometimes 2 for the same question. Who knows.

No you did not deserve that. That was harsher than some of the things I write on this board.

He must think that you have to go to the "end of the line" when applying for a new job.

Hey Propjok (name says it all) think of it this way, once you've reached a certain level you can "change tables" all you want. Until you reach that level, you can only sit back and watch.

Last edited:
Well, well , well...someone hit a "nerve" with PROPJOK. Do you remember who started this string of messages, indicating why he got so far and then didn't make it. I think it's pretty obvious...you may have let your attitude get the best of you. The company may have told you one thing to save you the embarassment of the other. I'm sure they picked up on it.
Your comment about the jumpseat with the Express folks works both ways. Now may not be a good time to ask for help from Caddaddy or anyone one else that gets on. Remember this, "Do I have a chance to get called in for an interview or am I just dreaming". We...better...stick...that...in...the... DREAM'N...category...for...now.
Perhaps Caddaddy will forget about this if you ever need a "jumpseat" ride with Jetblue. :rolleyes:

Caddaddy,
No you didn't deserve it. I was in my 20th year in the CG when I was looking for my job. One would think I would have have stayed for 30. Only the "individual" knows what's right for "The Family" and the future, and in many instances it's best to get off the carpet...before someone pulls it out from under you.
P.S. I interviewed 26 June and 2 of my references got called today. So far so good:D

Thank-you Iceman, I thought that one of the reasons this website was established was to form a community to exchange information and possibly help and encourage our fellow aviators. I don't hold a grudge and I would encourage PROPJOK to write a reply and possibly explain himself to the members of this forum. Great news for you on the references being called. You'll probably be in class in Oct., that's a nice time of year to be in MIAMI at the airbus academy. Good luck!

Latest resources

Back