• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue Competitive Times

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
first of all that pm had nothing to do with him applying at jet blue and it had everything to do with the treatment of the piedmont and allegheny pilots by the u mainline pilots. if you dont worjk here then its not your problem but since everybody likes to stick their 2 cents in fine. i personally dont think that it is right for a mainline group to bargain with jobs that are not theirs. u mainline pilots are barganing with pied and alg, jobs they have said to mgt. that any small jet will have 50 % of the seats filled by a mainline pilot. now if that sj goes to pdt. then for evry sj we get we lose one dash and so we lose 5 pilots. these are not their jobs. in esence what is happening is that mainline pilots are saying that one group is better the the other. mainline pilots get furloughed so they come up with the idea that the wholly owned pilots are not as good as they are so they can get furloughed and mainline pilots will take my job. unions were created so that everybody would be equal but what is happening right now is the total oposite.

:confused: You don't honestly believe that pilots have a say-so in this do you? I was a mainline pilot, and can't remember one time when, Rakesh, The Wolfman, Siegal or the Union called my house and asked for my opinion on any topic.
Your a worker bee, a soldier ant, a Pawn. And a Pawn defined in the dictionary is, "one that can be used to further the purposes of another". Your issue is with Management and the Union. Do you really think any of us wanted to go and fly an RJ to begin with? If we wanted to fly regional, we would have applied for it in the first place or stayed where we were. I just talked to a friend of mine (Capt) who has worked for the company for several years and now has to take a significant pay cut (over $50K) because of what's going on. Perhaps you would like his opinion on the subject, especially after he has invested 20 years of his life to get where he was. It happens to be the same road that you are pursuing. Sure, you're saying he should be thankful he has a job. But that's not the point...ask him if they came to him for permission to cut his pay by $50K+ a year.
I can understand how you feel, but management and the union hold all the cards...not the pilots.

ice man

at least your friend gets a paycut , i stand to lose my job all together. i understand that we are pawns when you talk about manegement but when it comes to the union i hope not if its true i will be looking for a new career. you mainline guys are all the same evrything has to revolve around you your friend will take a paycut of 50000, thats what i make in 1 yr as a dash 8 capt. what gives mainline pilots at us air the right to say are jobs are not as important as theirs, look at any other major and tell me if their pilots are trying to do the same thing u pilots are. not one major pilot group who has pilots on furlough has even remotely tried to do what bebee is trying. i should have known from your other posts that you were ex-mainline. and now that a bunch of usair guys work at jetblue it will only be a matter of time unitl you guys bring that airline down. good luck

I have a question. I interviewed w/JB in 2000, was hired for a Jan. 01 class, turned it down. As you can see by my nickname that didn't work out so well. Anyway, does anyone in the know think that they would talk to me again? I have about 6000 hours, 5000 turbine, 1400 jet pic.

Just curious. I really wanted to work there when I was hired, I just took a shot at a major. Right now I'm a CitationJet captain. Thankful to be working, but...

No you don't deserve to be verbally assaulted.

As for the wholly owned (pilots) carriers of USAirways... it sickens me to see what has happened to you. I was one of you ... I worked for Pennsylvania flying the DHC-8 and was (forced by USAIR) merged with Suburban to create the present day AGC ... one of the three wholly owned carriers ( AGC, PDT, PSA).

I saw the writing on the wall and left in 1994 to go fly the MD-11 for WOA. I was not alone ... a boatload of us left between 1994 and 1995 because we saw that SWA was looking at the East Coast. Does that make me a bad guy ? It better not ...

Do I blame the line pilot at USAirways for the deal that their MEC is force the wholly owned carriers to accepts ?

NO !

I think the PDT pilot is POfd because they are being sold out by ALPA and the USAirways MEC with this blatantly offensive Jets for Jobs Program. It's extortion ... plain and simple.

It he wants to take his anger out with the JS, let him take aim at MESA, CCAir, now Midway, TransStates and all the other contract carriers ... Better yet ... that's a stupid idea ... they serves no purpose other than to enrage the pilot group.

Where the (explitive) was the USAirways MEC when we (PEN)were trying to secure flow-'up' agreements with mainline only to be stalled and told we could interview just like everyone else ...

Nice ... that's the way to treat your feeder carrier pilots.

But ... back to the subject.

You should not be blamed in any way for trying to secure employment with a 'long term' player. The analysts don't give USAirways much of a chance even with the government money and concessionary agreements... I hope they are wrong ... I have many friends who are 15+ yr USAirways pilots sitting in the right seat and the 1000+ walking the streets are without hope.

I hope JetBlue gives you chance. You shouldn't be in the right seat for more than a year or so and most of the analysts give them a good shot of making it ...

One thing is for sure ....

It will not be boring around the industry for the next 5 years.

SWA and Jet Blue might but heads ... but it won't be until JB gets some critical mass.

Best of luck ...

Very insightful posts, I think it was said best in a movie once," It's nothing personal, just business." People just need to stop taking this business so personal and stop and realize that a majority of us are just pawns and along for the ride. What we do short of not bending the airplane really has nothing to do with whether your company makes it or not. It's the management! Nobody said this business was fair, I grew up the son of a Pan Am pilot so I knew what I was getting into when I got this gig . When I stop and think of all the routes being flown by the express carriers that I flew once in the BAC-111 or the DC-9, I'm just disappointed, I don't start getting upset at a group of pilots that are flying my old route. Could the J4J be just compensation for this? Who knows.

Latest resources

Back