Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
conman said:
I believe you brought up the rate of pay first sir!!! [
Congratulations on your contract renewal. Now back to work and change that pesky 8 in 24 rule.

QUOTE=jetblue320]And you fly where and for whom? With your obvious months of experience I am sure you would haul in mega bucks per hour.

My guess...another case of JB interviewee failure......
[/QUOTE]
Like I said, another JB interview reject.

Thanks for the kind words.

And now, in the words of Flying Freddie...bite me!:p

Dear JetBlue 320,

I have never applied nor interviewed at JB. I'm not an interview reject.
Riddle me this. You've been at JB 6 years you say. Back in 1999 all the major airlines were hiring with vastly superior pay and work rules.
Maybe you are the one who is an "interview reject." I know, you'll claim you are some sort of visionary that could forsee the demise of the major air carriers. Riiiiiiiight!!!

conman said:
Dear JetBlue 320,

I have never applied nor interviewed at JB. I'm not an interview reject.
Riddle me this. You've been at JB 6 years you say. Back in 1999 all the major airlines were hiring with vastly superior pay and work rules.
Maybe you are the one who is an "interview reject." I know, you'll claim you are some sort of visionary that could forsee the demise of the major air carriers. Riiiiiiiight!!!
If you really want to know, it had nothing to do with foreseeing the future. I was at a variety of cargo and small pax outfits for 20 years prior to JB and never applied to any major except I had an app in at FedEx about 12 years ago and never got called. I don't have a degree and didn't meet the criteria that the majors wanted. I am not now, nor ever have been "their type" of people.

What you fail to realize and I won't waste time trying to explain it to you, but most of the folks at JB aren't rejects that couldn't work anywhere else, they just chose not to. You may not think our wages and benefits are up to your standards but for most of us, we are happy with what we are making and what we do to earn that living, so why don't we just leave it at that. You go your way, and we'll go ours.

If you want to comment on a thread that had nothing to do with JB pay rates (it was all started with a guy wanting to know about commuting, remember) that is your option, it's a free country and internet. But when you do, be prepared for defensive responses, because it is a free country and internet.

:p

Oh, and BTW, the set the record straight, YOU are the one that brought up pay and rates first. Look back at this thread;

Post #7 by Conman

80%-90% of JetBlue pilots must commute since the company does not pay a liveable wage for NYC. When the EMB's come along with $89 an hour for a 12 year guy then maybe Dave will construct a Blue Tent City.

Last edited:
Back on topic after the children are done. (You should be on the outside reading your silly posts). Commute from the midwest is easy, thanks to NWA mostly. Not very often do I have more than one leg into JFK or LGA. Every once in a while I get preached to about "organizing" but that is to be expected. Thanks again to NWA, you carry me around a lot!

I need to know how to find a crash pad near JFK. I will starting with JB at the end of the month and need to commute from CLT for about 6 months. Any ideas on how to find a cheep pad? Would like to have a personal bed, will share a room.

jhoneycu said:
I need to know how to find a crash pad near JFK. I will starting with JB at the end of the month and need to commute from CLT for about 6 months. Any ideas on how to find a cheep pad? Would like to have a personal bed, will share a room.

Congratulations on being hired! After you start training you can check out the crashpad site on our intranet to find a place. There are a lot of places near JFK and out at Kew Gardens.

MP

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back