Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetblue closes the door 20' prior to departure.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tranboy

I couldn't believed my ears when the jet blue agent told me I couldn'd get on the flight because he was ready to close the the flight 20' prior to departure.
I was trying to get on the flight after I arrived from an United international flight. I run to the jet blue gate with 20' to spare but he woudln't let me get on, he turn around and close the door on my face.
I guess he was going for the ontime $20 comission that day.

I couldn't believed my ears when the jet blue agent told me I couldn'd get on the flight because he was ready to close the the flight 20' prior to departure.
I was trying to get on the flight after I arrived from an United international flight. I run to the jet blue gate with 20' to spare but he woudln't let me get on, he turn around and close the door on my face.
I guess he was going for the ontime $20 comission that day.

WoW! Just 20' ???? That must have been one scary takeoff! :eek:

I give up- Did you have a ticket or were jumpseating?

Ticket:Closing door for running passenger before scheduled departure- Bad PR and poor customer service.

Jumpseat: Big #$%ing deal. Sometime things just don't go as planned, work on plan B,C,D,E,F. Don't go to a public forum and whine. That, along with some juvenile Avatar only highlights you as a potential guest on the Jerry Springer show, where most likely you can cry onstage about being dumped by your trailer park girlfriend and your post op transgender assignment pains.

You should have just crawled in a corner across from the Cinnabon, opened your backback, put on your IPOD and dabbed your tears to George Michael singing "I'm Never Going to Dance Again...."

They dont get a commision... and from one commuter to another, move to your base. See above work on plan B,C,D,E and move on man.... just move on. LOL

I give up- Did you have a ticket or were jumpseating?

Ticket:Closing door for running passenger before scheduled departure- Bad PR and poor customer service.

Jumpseat: Big #$%ing deal. Sometime things just don't go as planned, work on plan B,C,D,E,F. Don't go to a public forum and whine. That, along with some juvenile Avatar only highlights you as a potential guest on the Jerry Springer show, where most likely you can cry onstage about being dumped by your trailer park girlfriend and your post op transgender assignment pains.

You should have just crawled in a corner across from the Cinnabon, opened your backback, put on your IPOD and dabbed your tears to George Michael singing "I'm Never Going to Dance Again...."

Ouch the poor guy was upset for missing a commute but now he is probably going to eat a bullet after that one.....

Honestly closing the door 20 mins prior is not standard and anything beyond 10 mins early requires redispatch.

And I believe they will not wait for standbys either. Meaning, if all ticketed customers are on board, and SysOps both desires and approves it to leave 20 minutes early, then it will leave 20 minutes early.

20' = 20 feet; :20 = 20 minutes

What are you saying...

A. The pilots should fill out an ASAP for taxing with a door open.

B. The gate agent was a jerk and closed the door early, and the airplane sat there for another :15.

C. I just wanted the blue chips.

D. All of the above.

E. A and C

F. B and C

What the he::? A ' stands for minutes and " stands for seconds. Why all the lame complaining about semantics?

On topic, if it's my last leg back to base, you bet I will leave 20 minutes early, or even earlier if the gate agent will let me. If all ticketed passengers are on board, we're outta here. As a non-rev or jumpseater, you should have been at the gate 30 prior.

Latest resources

Back