Jetblue CFO?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Malibu

I was wondering why JB's CFO is selling so much stock. Since Jan 1st. he has sold 28,350 shares. I realize he has over 539000 shares left, so it's really just a drop in the bucket, but why would someone do that? Is that the only compensation he gets? Does he know something?
Can someone with knowledge please send some my way, because I am the first to tell you, I have no clue!
Thanks
Malibu

Diversification of his portfolio in the only legal manner he can use to sell the stock.

AKAAB

Notice also that he sells the same amount at the same time each week. This is part of an approved planned sale to avoid the appearance of stock manipulation.

AKAAB is right. It's to diversify his holdings (actually the holdings of a trust he set up), so as not to keep all of his eggs in one basket. He's got a lot more stock where that came from, and probably has more in options waiting in the wings.

If you see insiders dumping a few hundred thousand or a few million shares a day, that's the time for concern. With an average daily volume of about 600,000 shares, 5000 insider shares a week is insignificant.

Latest resources

Back