Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue CEO on pilot’s mid-air meltdown: ‘It started medical, but clearly wasn’t’

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How can you be charged with interfering with yourself?

The guy needs mental help. Not a jail cell! I'm sure he didn't get up that morning and plan to willingly do this. Get him some help, and keep him out of a jail. Reserve those for the real criminals.

How can you be charged with interfering with yourself?

The guy needs mental help. Not a jail cell! I'm sure he didn't get up that morning and plan to willingly do this. Get him some help, and keep him out of a jail. Reserve those for the real criminals.

I think that's why the judge set him free. Per the article.

Seems to me the larger point is twofold. The FAA is at fault for allowing crew rest and fatigue issues to build up to the point that some of us may snap. The other broader issue is that the Feds are terminally stuck in the dark ages when it comes to mental health issues.

It's an open secret that most pilots self medicate with alcohol rather than get proper help because they know that if they honestly seek that help their Medical will be in jeopardy for several years if not forever. The result is, we have loads of functioning alcoholics at the controls. Very safe indeed..

Rant over. Hope Captain Osbon will find bigger and better things in his life and put this affair behind him asap. Godspeed to you sir.

Latest resources

Back