Jetblue cause for alarm?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bluejuice787

Perhaps I am a bit "gun shy" from my last carrier...I have been treated extremley well at Jetblue, however, I am a little worried about this European carrier Vueling. I am concerned because the company has been very quiet about it. Usually Jetblue will go out of their way to be upfront to the point of liability...one of the many reasons I joined in the first place. I would like them to state to us that Dave Barger and others have a stake in Vueling. I would like them to state their goals as best they can to eliminate speculation that we will never be flying to Europe ourselves.

Any thoughts?

bluejuice787 said:
Perhaps I am a bit "gun shy" from my last carrier...I have been treated extremley well at Jetblue, however, I am a little worried about this European carrier Vueling. I am concerned because the company has been very quiet about it. Usually Jetblue will go out of their way to be upfront to the point of liability...one of the many reasons I joined in the first place. I would like them to state to us that Dave Barger and others have a stake in Vueling. I would like them to state their goals as best they can to eliminate speculation that we will never be flying to Europe ourselves.

Any thoughts?

Well I don't know if this is everything your looking for but Dave did say at a pilot meeting he is on Vueling's BOD.

banger said:
Well I don't know if this is everything your looking for but Dave did say at a pilot meeting he is on Vueling's BOD.

I do appreciate that, however, how about a company wide email that ends "with warmest regards"?

And why do you feel a line pilot has any right to info from management about anything? Have & Have not's. Welcome to the world of have not's

I heard that the return of the munchie mix is one of the signs of the Apocalypse.

Seriously though, the answer is easy. Send Dave an email and ask.

It has never been a secret that he is on he BOD of Vueling and the info is publicly available. As someone else said, if it concerns you so, send him an email.

Storm in a teacup comes to mind!

bluejuice787 said:
I would like them to state their goals as best they can to eliminate speculation that we will never be flying to Europe ourselves.

What speculations? As far as I know, this company has never said or even hinted at, that we would be flying to Europe. I am not sure why this gives you cause for concern?

nwaredtail said:
And why do you feel a line pilot has any right to info from management about anything? Have & Have not's. Welcome to the world of have not's

Lorenzo? Crandal? Is that you guys?

Employees may not have the "right", but keeping them well informed is just good business. It promotes good morale, keeps the rumor mill from spinning too fast, promotes trust, and keeps them productive.

The business world is full of "have nots", as you put it, who kept their employees in the dark.

No, not Wharton school of business, just common sense.

While it's good to keep your employees informed. In some instances too much info would violate SEC laws.

Just a happy lurker's view.

Latest resources

Back