Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Calls for March or April Classes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dogwood

Well,

Thursday came and went. Did anyone get a JB class date call from the January 11 or 12 interviews? I believe the most recent PHC was Wednesday, but nobody that I know of got called yesterday.

Maybe today... Good Luck

Dogwood said:
Well,

Thursday came and went. Did anyone get a JB class date call from the January 11 or 12 interviews? I believe the most recent PHC was Wednesday, but nobody that I know of got called yesterday.

Maybe today... Good Luck

Dogwood,

I also interviewed on the 11th of January and have not heard a thing! The silence IS deafening. No one that I know of that interviewed on either day has heard, so lets hope that some calls go out soon!
Keeping my BLUE fingers crossed!!

Good luck!!

Same boat.

Maybe today.......... Oh please maybe.

flyfastinmy10 said:
Hang in there, and Good Luck. No news is good news.

Hope to see you guys soon

All,

Thanks for the replies... It's good to hear no calls went out yesterday that we know of. It seems as thought Thursday is the magic day, but I guess it wasn't this time.

Let us know as soon as anyone hears anything.

I wonder what classes are still open?

Thanks,

DW

Ditto for me....My availability wasn't until 1 July, but I emailed Bernice yesterday about moving it up now and she said that it helped and I should hear about my Phase 2 status soon...I thought my late availability was the cause, but others I interviewed with are available now and they weren't called yet either.....Fingers crossed.....

When will the first E190s arrive?

Good luck guys. On a slightly different topic - when will the first E190s arrive and when will training begin on those? From a pay standpoint, it's good you guys will start on the A320...

E-190s are supposed to arrive this summer with the first classes dedicated to current pilots becoming Captains...New hires are to start training during the late summer and the first route sometime in the fall....

Hey guys,

Its true, no news is good news. Hopefully, youll hear very soon.

Jetblue has a class starting every 2 weeks on wednesdays. The next class is the 6th of the year that starts 03-17 but i think all the vacancies for that one have been filled. So you guys who are still waiting will prob go 03/31 or 2 weeks after that. Each class has about 12 in it. You are paired up FO/FO in training.

You guys will prob be among the last JB pilots to be trained in Miami. The new training center on Orlando is ahead of schedule and is to be opened in June with the last sim being conducted in MIA the first week of June. The sims there will be all new, with i think 4 320s and 2 190 sims with room for lots more expansion. 2000 sq ft pool for ditching exes, and also building their own hotel to house everyone in training.

The first training for line pilots for the EMB190 will be the first week of August.

Jetblue will be giving new hires the option of going to the 320 or the 190. Its yet another example of how JB lets their crewmembers make the decisions which affect their future. The 320 pays more intially, but the upgrade is about 2-2.5 years away. The 190 pays less, but the opportunity to upgrade will happen sooner, co goal is 6 to 10 mos., allowing one to make more salary sooner.

Hope this helps. To those who havent heard yet, dont read anything into it. sometimes its hard to get the review committee together and sometimes some former employers are slow in getting PRIA back. Good luck to all.

zkmayo said:
Hey guys,

Its true, no news is good news. Hopefully, youll hear very soon.

Jetblue has a class starting every 2 weeks on wednesdays. The next class is the 6th of the year that starts 03-17 but i think all the vacancies for that one have been filled. So you guys who are still waiting will prob go 03/31 or 2 weeks after that. Each class has about 12 in it. You are paired up FO/FO in training.

You guys will prob be among the last JB pilots to be trained in Miami. The new training center on Orlando is ahead of schedule and is to be opened in June with the last sim being conducted in MIA the first week of June. The sims there will be all new, with i think 4 320s and 2 190 sims with room for lots more expansion. 2000 sq ft pool for ditching exes, and also building their own hotel to house everyone in training.

The first training for line pilots for the EMB190 will be the first week of August.

Jetblue will be giving new hires the option of going to the 320 or the 190. Its yet another example of how JB lets their crewmembers make the decisions which affect their future. The 320 pays more intially, but the upgrade is about 2-2.5 years away. The 190 pays less, but the opportunity to upgrade will happen sooner, co goal is 6 to 10 mos., allowing one to make more salary sooner.

Hope this helps. To those who havent heard yet, dont read anything into it. sometimes its hard to get the review committee together and sometimes some former employers are slow in getting PRIA back. Good luck to all.

Anything said about a seat lock on the 190 (in the Captain position after eventual upgrade) if you chose that aircraft? Just trying to look at the economics one would consider...

Having flown on the 170 as a pax, I am a big fan of the airplane in general (real nice flight deck). I would think someone would prefer experience on both aircraft vs. staying on the A320 for the rest of their career.... Would these most recent newhire pool swimmers (people waiting on this board) be given this choice or are current newhires being given the choice now (i.e., currently waiting for a class date)?

Latest resources

Back