• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CODs4ever

Trash Hauler
Question for those at JB who are in the know:

Under the "aircraft types flown" section, is there any point in listing the B-737 with a zero under the "total hours flown," just so you can check the "type-rating" box? Since you can have the type with only sim time, this would be possible.

I know that JB only flies the Airbus, just curious if listing the type rating will help in any way.

Don't put it on there at all. 737 type with no time says: "I want to work for SWA". Is that the message you want to send to any other companies?

Good luck,
Catfish

CatfishVT9 said:
Don't put it on there at all. 737 type with no time says: "I want to work for SWA". Is that the message you want to send to any other companies?

Good luck,
Catfish

1> I currently work with tons of folks I know were in the exact same position as you, they put it on their app and they got the job. Maybe it was a fluke, but there are many people this is true of. In fact, one guy in my new hire class had a 737 type from HPA with no experience in the 737. He took a job at SWA about six or seven months after our class started.

2> I don't know what turnip truck you think our folks fell off of. In times like these, they know all too well you have to maximize your opportunities. If other carriers really worried them, don't you think they'd require more than a two year no-compete letter from furloughees?

3> I honestly don't know the answer to Cods' specific question. If you can list the type with no time in type, list it.

Respectfully,

JayDub

Thanks JayDub. I think I'll leave it on there with the zero hours since the computer seems to accept it. Anyway, if I ever did interview, they would see the type on the ATP regardless. So there's no reason to hide it.

Ok,

From the interviewing perspective, we don't even look at someone who has an Airbus rating if they don't have time in the type. Ratings without time in the aircraft don't have much value at our interview process.

We've had numerous people use their WIA funds for an Airbus type and put it on the app. Dean's very specific about "no time in the type" doesn't account to much. Leave it on there, don't worry about it. But don't expect much discussion on the matter either.

Happy landings

CODs

I had my 737 type (and was swimming in the SWA pool) when I interviewed with B6. I listed the type on my resume; as you say, they'll see it on your license anyway. I honestly thought that during the interview I was going to get the: "We see you have a 737 type, did you consider SWA?" I spent an enormous amount of time preparing for a question that never came up. Bottom line, keeping with the spirit of how things are done at B6, be honest and you'll be fine. Good luck.

Hmmmmm..........

Well, some interesting counterpoints.

Brokenwing, glad to see they called you. Now for the big question: did you get hired?

I still haven't broken the code on what JB is looking for. With 6900 hrs (with their conversion), 2/3rds of that PIC, 99% turbine, I thought sure I'd be called by now.

Maybe they've seen my picture..........

Catfish:confused:

Catfish,

I'm in the same boat but with less flight time. I spoke with some JetBlue folks at a seminar, and they typically won't call until they want to put you in a class (anywhere from 2-4 months out from class start). What availability date did you give?

JD:cool:

I don't have my notes with me, but I believe they were planning on interviewing in both May and Jul (in addition to other months before then). You could possibly be called during one of these two windows. However, I'm not a definitive source of info.

JD:cool:

Latest resources

Back