jetBlue and Virtual Basing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mantry

What is the status of jetBlue and their virtual base ideas? Do you think it will every come to be? Any chances of more bases out here in the west?

Thanks in advance.

(In case someone asks, I would define a virtual base where you could start and stop your tip in your home town city, of course if it is served by a jetBlue city) So SLC for example, you could start and stop your trip out of SLC. But then again, I wonder how many people it would hold. Right now jetBlue has only 2 departures. 1 to LongBeach and 1 to JFK.

mantry said:
What is the status of jetBlue and their virtual base ideas? Do you think it will every come to be? Any chances of more bases out here in the west?

Thanks in advance.

(In case someone asks, I would define a virtual base where you could start and stop your tip in your home town city, of course if it is served by a jetBlue city) So SLC for example, you could start and stop your trip out of SLC. But then again, I wonder how many people it would hold. Right now jetBlue has only 2 departures. 1 to LongBeach and 1 to JFK.

They are still looking into it, but it's not on the front burner at the moment.
Issues such as staffing can get complex. How do you replace a sick call, etc?

Latest resources

Back