Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
rjcap,

You asked and I gave you the answer.

Warm and fuzzy? Sure, I've got a warm and fuzzy--a Delta seniority number that you'd love to have.

I am familiar with the latest news about the pension fund. It's in decent shape.

Right back at you:

"Goodluck. All comments are meant to be good natured however the truth hurts sometimes."

SWA no longer uses the plastic cards for seating.

FYI

I think the 20 minute turns are pretty much gone, too. More "sits" as I have heard.

Their latest pilot's contract extention has some wording in it regarding duty and trip rigs to protect their utilization vs. pay for just that reason.

SWA is positioning itself to be able to run anybody out of any market that they desire to serve, be it a city pairing or a market segment (last minute business traveller, discount vacationer, etc.)

You can't argue with success...

While it is true a few mainline pilots receive high wages for working 12 days a month that is the exception and not the rule. Usually, only the senior pilots get the positions that allow high pay AND few days on the job. The media loves to quote what the number one pilot makes at a major, mis-leading the public on what the true average pay is for an airline pilot. I would think that any professional pilot would know that. I am a furloughed mainline pilot, I can assure you that I never received "high pay" and I did worked at least 18 days per month.

As far as SWA goes, IMHO they not only have a great business model but have achieved a powerful presence in the communities that want their service. In order to get SWA to provide sevice to an airport near me, local goverment officials provided market research, improved airport facilities by building more gates and enlarging the terminal for SWA and even promised that the airport authority would not court JetBlue. This airport was already served by 4 major airlines. It took a couple of years but the airport got SWA and SWA has been very successful here.

Latest resources

Back