Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

linepilot

We watch FOX so you don't have to.

O'Reilly attacks JetBlue for sponsoring YearlyKos convention, compares DailyKos to Nazis and KKK

Reported by Chrish - July 16, 2007 -

postCount('12439');O'Reilly's Talking Points Memo tonight 7/16/07 targeted JetBlue and CEO David Barger for their sponsorship of "a hate site like DailyKos." Producer/stalker Jesse Watters accosted Barger leaving his apartment on his way to work and demanded that Barger explain his company's decision to do business with those "far left hatemongers." JetBlue gave a handful of tickets to principals of the convention and will get to hang banners and such in exchange.

In video within the TPM, Watters read or paraphrased four comments from readers or diarists at DailyKos, a site that gets (according to Wiki) between 14 and 24 MILLION visits a month, to illustrate for Barger (viewers, really) what a disgusting site it is, and asked Barger if he shared those views.
O'Reilly suggested to viewers that there comes a time when consumers have to take a stand and "hold accountable" any business or person who endorses hate web-sites, (funny how he conveniently excluded hate-radio stations and hate-TV), essentially calling for a boycott of JetBlue. But it's not ideological! Hate is hate, no matter where it comes from.
Comment: Well, since he's made a career out of labeling people who don't fall in line with his narrow ideology haters - Bush-haters, America-haters, US haters, far-left haters, far-left Bush haters, etc - it's rather disengenuous of him to claim it's not ideological. There's an abundance of hate emananting from the right that never sees the light of day on FOX.
O'Reilly brought on Diane Brady of Businessweek Magazine and announced that Barger looked as bad as any CEO has ever looked. (He's got to be kidding.)
Brady took the reasonable view that JetBlue is looking at how many hits DailyKos gets, and noted that airlines often sponsor debating teams (for example) and don't necessarily know or endorse the positions. But O'Reilly said, he sent them this info last week, so they've had time to look it over - they didn't ambush him!
O'Reilly insists that JetBlue just doesn't care about those five things he cited, and wonders if they're just plain (plane?) stupid? It's like the KKK; it's like the Nazi party - there's no difference. He lectured Ms. Brady, saying "they" want people to die.
Brady, again too reasonable for O'Reilly, asserted that the problem with open forums is you get a lot of lunatics (oh, yeah) ... and O"Reilly cut her off, saying he has his own website, open forum is bull; you can regulate what's on your own website. (Especially if you charge $50 to join to be able to post.)

O'Reilly thinks it's just an awful business decision, and Brady said that in retrospect they may regret it (now that FOX has made a federal case about it, sure). She mentioned that FOX and JetbLue have both sponsored gay/lesbian events, and O'Reilly pooh-poohed the comparison, because they are Americans who are gay and lesbian, and these people are haters.
"These are people who are wishing people with whom they disagree, ill. That's who they are. That's what they do. That's all they do."​
O'Reilly said he'll never fly them again, and asked Brady to comment on their continued viability.
Comment: O'Reilly is once again using his national editorial platform to call for punishment of someone who has outraged him (and we all know how difficult that is.) DailyKos is liberal and supports Democrats, explicitly, which is of course why O'Reilly is attacking.
And by the way: the Pope IS a primate.

I hate the slimey liberal repugnant democrats too. So freakin' what??? BTW...Isn't Soros a major investor of JB??

RV
my new slogan.."no way in Hellary"

When they talk to the CEO you could tell he like what the paper was saying, I was shock. The paper said our troops in IRAQ dying from road side bombs was a good thing. When they ask him about, you could tell he agreed. If he believed no then he should of said no.

When they talk to the CEO you could tell he like what the paper was saying, I was shock. The paper said our troops in IRAQ dying from road side bombs was a good thing. When they ask him about, you could tell he agreed. If he believed no then he should of said no.

Can you write that again in English? And what "paper" are you talking about?

1. I guess O'Riley does your thinking for you.
2. Barger probably didn't have any idea what the Fox News hack was talking about. JetBlue donated 10 tickets for a national bloggers convention. Big deal.
3. You're really surprised that a blogging site that gets 600,000 hits a day has some non-mainstream views expressed on it? Have you ever heard of free speech?

Newshounds isn't exactly the Associated Press. Here's a differing viewpoint from Townhall that probably better summarizes the reality of jetBlue's decision on this:

"The amazing thing about the JetBlue/YearlyKos thing is that people doing the advertising for JetBlue could be so ignorant regarding either the blogosphere or the nature of business. As far as business is concerned, you don’t attach yourself to an entity that not just alienates but also offends and angers half of your potential customer base.
Of course, there is the chance that the people at JetBlue had no understanding of who or what the Daily Kos is before Bill O’Reilly gave them a crash course last night. If that’s the case, JetBlue’s new management team is off to a truly pathetic start."

IMHO, if the media starts evaluating where all the other airlines spend their own advertising dollars it'd likely turn out that they all are guilty of throwing money at controversial organizations. But that obviously hasn't yet happened and in the interim OReilly really gave B6 a black eye last night and so far they've done a poor job of fending him off.

Hair on fire, I guess you got my point, or you wouldnt be crying about it. I will go work my English dumbA$$, hows that.:beer:

Hair on fire, I guess you got my point, are you wouldnt be crying about it. I will go work my English dumbA$$, hows that.:beer:
English can be tough. Let me give you a little help.

"Hair on fire, I guess you got my point or you wouldn't be crying about it. I will go work on my English now, you dumba$$. How's that? Cheers!"

You see Ride, the difference in the two messages is subtle yet important. "Or" sounds a lot like "are" but the meaning of the two words are quite different. I can only assume you meant that you were planning on working ON your English unless you're a pool player or this is some reference to masturbation. Either way it doesn't really stick to the point at hand. Unless you actually meant that you were litterally going to go "work your English dumba$$". Are you planning on raping a gimp with a funny accent in your basement? If I correctly caught your meaning and you really are going to improve your mastery of the English language then might I make a suggestion? There's a great line of books called "Fun with Dick and Jane" that works well towards building a strong foundation you might build upon later. Your punctuation is another issue but that's a bit more advanced and should be saved for a later lesson. I wouldn't want you to get ahead of yourself.

Thanks O'Reilly,

I've never heard of this site, but thanks to you now myself and millions more know of it. This rant has done far more to further this site that any financial support that JetBlue may have paid for through a capitalistic act like advertising.

Jeger

Last edited:
I just sent O'Reilly a letter and basically outlined what cheap shots his producer took on Dave Barger.

Our "sponsorship" amounted to 10 tickets or roughly 6% of one A-320 out of a fleet of 120, on one flight out of 565 flights/day. PUUULLLLEEEZZZEEEE!!!!!

Nice ambush, so much for "Fair and Balanced".

Latest resources

Back