• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue and Chicago Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What about a new focus city? What about St Louis?

Bye Bye--General Lee

STL reportedly has like the second highest landing fees in the country. This is because they pass everything (maintenance/expansion.... just built a new runway for TWA :rolleyes: ) on to the airlines in the form of landing fees, and also another reason why American pulled it down to mostly RJ's (cheaper fees) and shut down the D Terminal. Also the B Terminal will be closed down soon as the props are moved to the end of C.

There have been several news articles in the local papers about both Airtran and Jetblue negotiating with the the St Louis Airport for lower fees in exchange for a promise of so many flights but STL wouldnt budge, so the deals fell through.

Last edited:
Go for it. This to me is a bad sign for B6. Why go head to head with LUV, UAL and AA on a thin margin route. Their has to be a better place to use that aircraft. The cost of de ice fluid one either end compounded with endles delays cuts deeply into any profit margin.

I just can't believe that their isn't a better market with higher yeilds around.
Chicago will serve a few purposes, least of which will be a big yield winner at first.
  • Offer loyal JFK/LGB business customers access to Chicago.
  • Set the stage for what hopefully will be the beginning of a midwest hub when UAL is forced to give up ORD gates/slots if it wants a merger with another carrier.
They are getting these slots free and will look to gain more if they can secure other gates. This will only be the 89th flt per hour, and I'm sure the FAA would grant them the 90th if they can get another gate. The 91st & 92nd will be awarded through a blind lottery, and will probably go to existing carriers, although Jetblue still may have a chance it they can get further gates.

If none of that plays out by the end of the 1st Q of 2007, Jetblue will have to make a move for a midwest hub somewhere for the 190. STL is most likely, but they still may look long and hard at perimeter Chicago.

:pimp:

St. Louis will happen too.

The cost of de ice fluid one either end compounded with endles delays cuts deeply into any profit margin.

Have you been to JFK in the winter? Same animal, people watching TV don't seem to mind sitting on the taxi way. I think we are about to tap into a nice source of profits. (Notice I didn't say Rev, I want Profit)

We have also received some great free press over the last year in chicago with newspapers painting a picture of the young fun airline that wants into ORD and the "mean" UAL blocking JB and passengers from getting the chance to meet. I like UAL, it's only business (UAL should try to keep competition out), but you know how those newspapers like to write about some underdog getting pushed around bye the "Big Guy".

UAL thanks for all the Jumpseats in my past. Hopefully I will finally be able to pay-back the favor. NO seat empty until ALL jumpseaters are on.

Have you been to JFK in the winter? Same animal, people watching TV don't seem to mind sitting on the taxi way. I think we are about to tap into a nice source of profits. (Notice I didn't say Rev, I want Profit)

We have also received some great free press over the last year in chicago with newspapers painting a picture of the young fun airline that wants into ORD and the "mean" UAL blocking JB and passengers from getting the chance to meet. I like UAL, it's only business (UAL should try to keep competition out), but you know how those newspapers like to write about some underdog getting pushed around bye the "Big Guy".

UAL thanks for all the Jumpseats in my past. Hopefully I will finally be able to pay-back the favor. NO seat empty until ALL jumpseaters are on.

I am young and fun and full of ... come on dude, we gots to go to chi-town!

Chef,

I was just in MCO 3 days ago:

"I GOTS TA GET ME SUM DENNY'S!"

I paid it a little visit, for some reason I didn't make it to the free breakfest that morning? (For the thousandth time repeat after me, "God just let me live and I'll never do that again.") Remember to stay away from 501, not a pretty site.

Jetblue cuts planned ORD flts to 4

Looks like US Airways is now going to use that unused gate. Gee, I wonder who they received pressure from?

I hope these two conspirators try and merge. I'm betting the FTC will force US to give up it's 3 gates, along with a few from UAL. What goes around comes around.

http://dmses.dot.gov/docimages/p87/418308.pdf

Looks like US Airways is now going to use that unused gate. Gee, I wonder who they received pressure from?

I hope these two conspirators try and merge. I'm betting the FTC will force US to give up it's 3 gates, along with a few from UAL. What goes around comes around.

http://dmses.dot.gov/docimages/p87/418308.pdf

Sounds like "SOUR GRAPES" for you lowecur. Should we warm your bottle? When "if's" and "but's" are candy and nuts we will all have a merry christmas.

Hey STL is beckoning. Knock yourself out.

Sounds like "SOUR GRAPES" for you lowecur. Should we warm your bottle? When "if's" and "but's" are candy and nuts we will all have a merry christmas.

It's embarrassing to think FLYER works for UAUA. I'm sure they're embarrassed too over there!

Hey genius, at least I'm batt'n .500 with 4 fts. You sir, are at .000.

Latest resources

Back