JetBLue, AirTran, or Alaska?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RIDETHELIGHTING said:
You wont know if you got it right untill your 60 and can look back.

Isn't that the truth.

Alaska's upgrade should improve...one would hope. Pursue all three with equal vigor and ultimately the first one that comes through...DING, DING DING, we have a winner. Even better if you get to choose between two. Then it just comes down to following your heart and your research.

Airtran definitely!!! :)

But then i may be a little biased.... honestly ... its different for every person.. I would say that 70% of pilots choose their airline based on the domiciles...

However, please dont come here if your hearts not in it. If you think you would rather go to Jetblue or Alaska, please save the spot for someone who wants to be here.

Airtran Fanatic said:

But then i may be a little biased.... honestly ... its different for every person.. I would say that 70% of pilots choose their airline based on the domiciles...

Naw Duuude, aint choosin da Tranny causa da base in da Aay-Teeee-Elllle. Dude, Ty Guy be commutin and he be luvvin it here...

Airtran Fanatic said:

However, please dont come here if your hearts not in it. If you think you would rather go to Jetblue or Alaska, please save the spot for someone who wants to be here.

Dat Duuude dat be sayin Dat you should like be thinkin twice abouts da Tranny aint like knowin what da Tranny be like in like da present times, cause Dude, it ROCKS!!!!!

My brother from da Fanatical mother, Dude, how you be likin da Tranny, dude? Da peeps are like cool and like be wantin to like get like BooooKooo cool dudes here so dat we can like be chillin at da Tranny, yeah, freaking great Kharma at da Tranny, yeah.

XBOEINGDRVR said:
Alaska or JB. Think long and hard about airtran. Been there, done that- pm me for details....

What current info would you possibly have about AirTran? Let's hear all about your AirTran "knowlege". I doubt it's very deep or very current. I have been here for four years, and I have seen one Capt leave in that time, so you either weren;t here very long, or it was a long time ago.

Thanks for the opinions fellas. I'm trying to get some points of view brought into my decision-making process that I may be missing without asking for advice. I know that part of choosing an airline is a crap shoot, but which of these do y'all think offers the best chance for a satisfying career based on your best conjecture? Is there some kind of fatal flaw at any of these airlines that I'm not thinking of? Does one of them have significantly better prospects than the others?

humuakalaka said:
Thanks for the opinions fellas. I'm trying to get some points of view brought into my decision-making process that I may be missing without asking for advice. I know that part of choosing an airline is a crap shoot, but which of these do y'all think offers the best chance for a satisfying career based on your best conjecture? Is there some kind of fatal flaw at any of these airlines that I'm not thinking of?

Yeah, they are all Airlines........:rolleyes:

Just figure out what is most important to you. I looked at future growth, history during tough times, difficulty/ease of commute, type of equipment. If you make a list of how each one stacks up in relation to your priorities, one should rise to the top for you. You'll also find that the interview is a 2 way street. One company may get a + or - when you are face to face.

I can't think of one good reason to go to Airtran except a paycheck. Talk about an un-sexy airline. They have no marketing or branding (unless you count having Elton John painted on your airplane).

I do hear that Airtran has a good product for the customers, but what is keeping them except price.

My dollar is JB. They are estimating growing four times in size in the next 4-5 years. Talk about a ground floor opportunity. Plus, JB gets all sorts of free publicity from about everywhere you look or listen. People love JB and talk about it all the time to all their friends and familiy.

As for Alaska, I guess if you like the Pacific Northwest.

Latest resources

Back