JetBLue, AirTran, or Alaska?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Vingus said:
Besides low fares, what else is going on there?

Besides low fares, what does 90% of te flying public care about? If your sitting in the front you don't get to watch the PTVs, so why do you care if they're there?

If you're choosing an airline for an upgrade DON'T just look at how long it took people in the current upgrade class. Look at planned growth, aircraft on order, and likely attrition. Even if FL/B6 get more aircraft than the year before, as long as those deliveries continue to make up a smaller percent of the current fleet upgrade time swill go up. I'm assuming attrition is pretty low at both, so growth would be pretty much the only way of moving up the senority ladder.

RIDETHELIGHTING said:
You got to love EMB 190 rates. God for bided they speak up, they don’t want there 5 year contract getting cancelled.
Now there's a response from someone with a lot of education. I'd bet my living on this guy's advise.

doug_or said:
Besides low fares, what does 90% of te flying public care about? If your sitting in the front you don't get to watch the PTVs, so why do you care if they're there? /QUOTE]

BTW, it's the above attitude that will makes airline travel so crappy for so much of the public.

It's the nice things and people that bring customers back, not just the low fares.

I laughed my a$$ off when Delta removed the pillows....what a bad move. Make people feel cared for and special and they will want to come back.

I may not have 36 channels of free direct TV, but the 156 customers in the back do, and it makes them happy. And if they are happy, they will tell their friends.

I flew AA a few months ago. I had to pay 4-5 bucks for a headset to watch a crappy movie on a screen in the front of the cabin. Then they wanted to charge me 4 bucks for some cheese and crackers.

I love the fact that we give people as many seconds and thirds from the snack baskets as they want, as well as seconds and thirds on the sodas.

I can't wait till the legacy guys remove coke and peanuts. We will gladly take all their customers from them.

For anyone new to the boards......

Falconjet said:
What about FedEx or UPS?

FJ

......this is a classic example of an attempt to do what we call "hijacking" a thread.

FJ wants to turn this discussion into a freight discussion...likely because he hasn't gotten attention from others recently that he so desires. Perhaps his mother missed one of her thrice daily calls to him reminding him to eat his veggies, wipe his bum, or get enough sleep...so he wants to ensure his worldly importance by getting everyone to shift discussion to what he wants all of us to talk about.

Thanks fellow members for not giving him his much needed attention (except for my post...which he cleverly manipulated me into sending).

RIDETHELIGHTING said:
You got to love EMB 190 rates. God for bided they speak up, they don’t want their 5 year contract getting cancelled.

I think I finally found one of the guys in my Avatar.

doug_or said:
If you're choosing an airline for an upgrade DON'T just look at how long it took people in the current upgrade class. Look at planned growth, aircraft on order, and likely attrition. Even if FL/B6 get more aircraft than the year before, as long as those deliveries continue to make up a smaller percent of the current fleet upgrade time swill go up.

Well, since I've been at AirTran, upgrade has ranged anywhere from 11 months to 3 years. Right now, it's running 2.5 years, and unless something changes, it will come down to just under two years in about six months . . . . since we didn't hire anyone for a 7 month period when they were phasing out the DC9 and transitioning those guys over. I would say a 2-3 year upgrade is pretty likely for the next few years worth of newhires.

Last edited:
1-tacan-rule said:
......this is a classic example of an attempt to do what we call "hijacking" a thread.

FJ wants to turn this discussion into a freight discussion...likely because he hasn't gotten attention from others recently that he so desires. Perhaps his mother missed one of her thrice daily calls to him reminding him to eat his veggies, wipe his bum, or get enough sleep...so he wants to ensure his worldly importance by getting everyone to shift discussion to what he wants all of us to talk about.

Thanks fellow members for not giving him his much needed attention (except for my post...which he cleverly manipulated me into sending).

Obviously you guys have some history (or that's the way it seems). Based on face value, I wouldn't tend to take a simple question like that as a thread hijack attempt. It's not like the guy who started the thread has 3 job offers from the pax carriers in question and was trying to narrow it down to one. He was asking a hypothetical question about choices for the future. My thought at the time was, why is he focusing just on those carriers? Why rule out two of the best options out there?

Latest resources

Back