JetBLue, AirTran, or Alaska?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Vingus said:
I can't think of one good reason to go to Airtran except a paycheck. Talk about an un-sexy airline. They have no marketing or branding (unless you count having Elton John painted on your airplane).

I do hear that Airtran has a good product for the customers, but what is keeping them except price.

My dollar is JB. They are estimating growing four times in size in the next 4-5 years. Talk about a ground floor opportunity. Plus, JB gets all sorts of free publicity from about everywhere you look or listen. People love JB and talk about it all the time to all their friends and familiy.

As for Alaska, I guess if you like the Pacific Northwest.

eehh...here today gone tomarrow....i'm looking and listening and see nothing about jb. i suppose if you go to work and see them on a regular basis they are fresh in your mind.:)

Vingus said:
I can't think of one good reason to go to Airtran except a paycheck. Talk about an un-sexy airline. They have no marketing or branding (unless you count having Elton John painted on your airplane).

I take it this statement is based on your vast airline experience, not to mention that you work for JB.

P.S. Elton has'nt been on our airplanes for a while now.

Last edited:
You got to love EMB 190 rates. God for bided they speak up, they don’t want their 5 year contract getting cancelled.

Last edited:
Vingus said:
I can't think of one good reason to go to Airtran except a paycheck. Talk about an un-sexy airline.

It's obvious you did'nt pick your airline for the paycheck, by the way how much better does "sexy" pay.

I'm just saying that Airtran has not seemed to develop any brand for themselves. Besides low fares, what else is going on there?

Great people to work with and a strong long range business plan.

P.S. Elton has'nt been on our airplanes for a while now.

Maybe so, but the memory lives on baby!

By the way - I love Airtran and thank you for all the rides to P-cola.

Last edited:
The AirTran 'brand' is pretty popular in the ATL baby !

The brand.... no bull... cheap fares... new jets.... sexy ramp workers.

Latest resources

Back