• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue adds Jax & Pit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yea, what he said. I did as an FA I did at my previous airline. At Air Mike we had to, on Kosrae, or Majuro, Chuuk, Pohnpei, etc. we had to clean, there were no cleaners.

Pride of how your airline looks and operates....

Last edited:
A350 said:
Cleaning the airplane....what a downer. 5 minutes out of your day to put on some gloves and be a part of the team.
Part of the team? Our contribution to the "team" is flying the airplane safely and efficiently. That's what air line pilots do. Cleaning the cabin is what cabin cleaners and flight attendants do. That's their contribution to the "team."

In case you were wondering, the payrates that USAirways and others are getting for the 190 are a direct result of having to lower the bar to get the jets.
Sorry, you've got that wrong. Those payrates are a direct result of these pilot groups having to match your horrible -190 rates. You were the first ones with that type, and you had no union to negotiate an appropriate rate for it. As a result, your rates that were set by your "benevolent" management team are the industry benchmark.

Let me give you a clue......you want the jets at PCL. Because your current billet as ALPA man at PCL demands you represent your bretheren at PCL and be danged with the other pilots in this land. That means you get any and all flying you can for your group.
Incorrect. The job of an elected officer is to represent the pilots and do what is in their best long-term interest. For the vast majority of our pilots it is not in their best interest to have larger aircraft at the regionals, because very few pilots at Pinnacle will want to spend their careers here. Most of our pilots will want to move on to mainline carriers. Larger jets here will hinder that advancement. The RJDC officers think the way you described, but I certainly do not.

PCL_128 said:
Incorrect. The job of an elected officer is to represent the pilots and do what is in their best long-term interest. For the vast majority of our pilots it is not in their best interest to have larger aircraft at the regionals, because very few pilots at Pinnacle will want to spend their careers here. Most of our pilots will want to move on to mainline carriers. Larger jets here will hinder that advancement. The RJDC officers think the way you described, but I certainly do not.

So what you are saying is that your job is to make the environment at PCL such that pilots start putting out resumes as soon as they are hired there? Like all of your posts, this is equally ridiculous. You should be required to PFP (pay for posting) before launching this bile into cyberspace. Better yet, how about PTT (pay to think) before you log in here and come up with this stuff. I would want to move on to a mainline carrier too with you at the helm responsible for some of my QOL issues. At least when your peers see your impressive resume and how you got your ratings they will know what to expect from you. Do you offer a proof reading service for their applications and resumes as part of your services as an elected officer? LOL! Seriously little fella, you'd be doing yourself a great service by re-registering under a new screen name and starting over. At least then people on here would have a harder time figuring out that most of the bile you spew here is straight from your mainline daddy's mouth.

PCL_128 said:
No, the other airlines have been forced to accept draconian concessions to come down to SWAPA's rates. Those rates were far from industry-leading before the concessions started.

How does it feel to be Duane's bitch? You really are clueless.

PCL:

The problem with your bile is it is akin to the wind blowing through the trees. The limb goes one way, and before you know it is going the other way. You want to have it both ways and you can't.

Believe it or not all these regionals stepping all over themselves to get a bigger piece of the mainline pie is going to make it a possibility that you spend your career at Pinnacle. Your job as an elected rep is to make the career there as palatable as possible.

Either way you win. If the mainline doesn't secure the flying for themselves, you get it. If the mainline undercuts you for the flying, you don't get the flying but you get a chance to move up and fly the planes. Problem is, if you don't get the flying at PCL and have to start over, you will bitch that the mainline guys screwed you. If you do move up and start flying the planes at mainline, you will be bitching that it is JetBlues fault you have to fly it for less.

Must be nice to live in a place where you can do no wrong and even if you do, you can blame it on someone else.

A350

PCL_128 said:
For the vast majority of our pilots it is not in their best interest to have larger aircraft at the regionals, because very few pilots at Pinnacle will want to spend their careers here.

Then walk. Do you have it in you? Gulfstream to Pinnacle, you're no trailblazer on the path to financial glory.

15 yr CA= $82/hr :laugh:
15 yr FO= $36/hr :crying:
:puke: :puke: :puke:

You just don't get it do you?

PCL_128 said:
Sorry, you've got that wrong. Those payrates are a direct result of these pilot groups having to match your horrible -190 rates. You were the first ones with that type, and you had no union to negotiate an appropriate rate for it. As a result, your rates that were set by your "benevolent" management team are the industry benchmark.

How were the payrates of operators flying small regional equipment affected by PFT children like yourself that allowed a "benevolent" mangement team to reset a new benchmark?

Are those payrates a direct result of these pilot groups having to match your horrible PFT $8 right seat scales?

You still don't think that letting Mommy and Daddy pay to jumpstart your career has any trcikle down effect do you?

Boeingman said:
You still don't think that letting Mommy and Daddy pay to jumpstart your career has any trcikle down effect do you?

Its actually kinda sad. I think he knows, and he's trying to compensate for it by beating the ALPA drum.

PCL_128 said:
Sorry, you've got that wrong. Those payrates are a direct result of these pilot groups having to match your horrible -190 rates.

Wrong again idiot! The rates were set at Midatlantic when the US Airways mainline ALPA pilots negotiated those rates for the new Embraer jet family. US Airways was the first airline to operate the big Embraer, and they set the bar. :rolleyes:

I believe that PCL has, at some point in the past, renounced PFT. Yes, he probably is trying to compensate.

Hey PCL, don't ya hate being around a reformed smoker? You know, the least tolerant of all people, well you're just about as irritating. Please do those of us who were fighting for respectable wages before you even heard of Gulfstream a favor. Take a back seat, stop posting. If you were only drawing fire to yourself, then I wouldn't care; but you're drawing fire into my camp. Again, if you want to help out (defend the profession, etc) just step away from the keyboard.

enigma

Latest resources

Back