JetBlue 190's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey DL or other JB guys,

Did your CP call Kitt and see WTF is up with the newsletter? If its wrong info then maybe Kitt will put something on his web site.

Do JetBlue pilots have any say in the matter?

Don't get me wrong, I love JetBlue just as much as anyone else...but is the JetBlue pilot group part of any organized union? Doesn't the company just dictate work rules, pay, etc...and either you accept it or go somewhere else?

Do JetBlue pilots have a contract?

Datafox

Why the h#ll should WE do the research for him?

Datafox, you would be surprised how much they listen to the pilots, besides, no point in getting into the whole w/o, DCI mess.
We see where that has left AMR vs Eagle and DAL vs Comair.

Last edited:
Not flaming here, but I suppose you guys have contractual rights to it? O ya, that's right no contract. Be very wary of anything management "promises" you.

It is CRUCIAL, that this flying is done by your pilots to possibly start a trend here. No more outsourcing to the lowest bidder.

nhbizz,

First you flame us for not having a "contract" and then you want us to defend your piece of the pie? Surely, I must be missing something!

>> I suppose you guys have contractual rights to it?
>> O ya, that's right no contract. Be very wary of
>> anything management "promises" you.

I think the word of JetBlue management is worth more than the pages and pages and pages of contracts at other airlines. Look at the huge APA scope clause that allowed Eagle to get unlimited RJ's. Or the good work that ALPA has done at Delta.

I quit my ALPA carrier that was part of the outsourcing lowest bidder shell game. I came to JetBlue. What have you done, apart from blame others?

Oh. The FAPA blub posted also says we are looking for 10 gate at LGA. Ten gates? Seems a lot for eight something out-and-backs a day. Could they be wrong. Could they?

Last edited:
Dizel8,

I was not flaming you for not having a contract, it was more for all the other responses from guys saying things like, "A chief pilot said xxxx." I would just be wary of blindly following along, to one day wake up and find that those A/C are going somewhere else. Decisions can be made overnight. And maybe it is because where I work, but I would be afraid that someone else may come along and take those away from you. And despite what all you ALPA haters may think, having a CONTRACT does provide some protection. Just keep an eye on management.

Skygod,

I almost posted a reply to something you said a while back but I erased it before I did. This time I can't stop myself. Your screenname is appropriate from what I can understand. I know someone who flies for Jetblue and they told me they would never make a career there. They WILL come back to the big D someday. He said he flies with lot's of guys that must share your screenname. Not an atmosphere he wishes to stay at for ever.

And I am confused by your post? Who am I blaming? and for what?

nhbizz,

If the pilot group saw a need for a union, at this point in time or in the future, I am sure we could find one to join. However, as long as management continues to show us they truly care, then no need.

I am perlexed though, and while I am happy that all you people give us advice, one would have to surmise, that based upon what is often written here, that there is none of the pilots at jetBlue, who has been around the block. I mean, if you think, we have to be warned of the intent of management and union issues. Heck, I am a relatively "young" kid, yet been doing this aviation cr@p for now 17 years. I believe we all learned a few things along the way.

As far as the skygod comment, sorry to hear your friend wants to return to the big D, but that certainly is his choice, and DAL is well known for their friendly attitude. The smart aleck remark about pilots acting like skygods over here is just sad, not only because it is silly name calling, but secondly, because while there is a few, like every where, I have never had the opportunity to work with a friendlier bunch of people.

>> I am confused by your post? Who am I blaming? and for what?

Let me explain your own post! You were trying to blame JetBlue pilots for not stopping the low-pay dog-eat-dog RJ race to the bottom.

Sorry about the dumb screen name. I forgot that irony is an advanced mental function.

Signed Skygod. King of the wild blue yonder. Mighty master of the wind and wing.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back